WELCOME BACK TO JEFFERSON
Back To School Reminders
* Please allow for 20-30 minutes of time either before or after your conferences if you have not registered for the Parent Portal and completed your census verification form online. Jeri, will be available in the office to assist you in this very important process.
* Lifetouch will be in the cafeteria both days of Entrance Conferences to take school pictures so tell your children to be ready to smile. : )
First Day of School: Thursday, Sept. 7.
7:50 - The breakfast bell rings. Breakfast is served from 7:50 - 8:10.
8:05 - The bell to line students up outside rings.
8:15 - Students need to be in their seats and ready to go by 8:15. That's when the official tardy bell rings.
*Students should not arrive at school before 7:50. There is no adult supervision on the playground until that time.*
Drop-Off / Pick-Up / Parking Procedures:
A.M. Drop-Off: Parents who drive their children to school should drop them off between 7:50 - 8:05 using the loop at the south end of the Jefferson campus. Use Fairfield Avenue to access the Pick-Up / Drop-Off loop. Please DO NOT drop students off at the main entrance before 8:05.
*Exception - On the first day of school, kindergarten parents may park in the main parking lot for their children's official First Day.
P.M. Pick-Up: Between 2:45 - 3:00 parents should use the loop accessible from Fairfield Avenue to pick up their children. Please DO NOT use the front parking lot / main entrance at this time. Reducing traffic in our main parking lot immediately after dismissal creates a safer situation for our students riding buses and walking home.
After 3:00 (or once the line of cars is through the pick-up loop shortly after 3:00) students who have yet to be picked up will be walked to the office to wait for their rides. Parents then need to park in the main lot and come to the office to get their children.
Other Important Reminders:
Attendance: Please call the school office at 388-5480 or the Health Line at 388-2854 if your child is sick or is going to miss school.
Medication: If your child needs to take, or keep, medication at school, please visit our Health Assistant, Mrs. Nessler. We are not allowed to give medication at school without the appropriate documentation from a physician.
Visiting the School: Any adult entering the building needs to visit the office and follow school sign-in procedures. State Statute 609.605 subd.IV
New Faces at Jefferson
Behavior Intervention Para: Angie Johnston
Counselor: Shanna Hood
1st Grade Teacher: Amelia Jirak
4th Grade Teacher: Hallie Sipe
5th Grade Teacher: Abby Turgeon
Media Teacher (1 section of 5th grade): Tiffany Hagen
Here are a few items of note as the beginning of school approaches.
- Due to unseasonably rainy August weather, the project will not be complete prior to the first day of school. Please excuse the mess in the construction zone and the unusually messy hallways at the south end of the building. Soon after the project is complete, Mr. Bill and his excellent custodial staff will have the building back to its normal shine.
- We will still have student drop-off and pick-up using the loop at the south end, as we have done the past two years, even though there may be some construction equipment in the vicinity.
- Jefferson staff will work closely with students to be sure they understand safety expectations regarding the construction area. As always, the safety of our students is a TOP priority.
PTO - Parent Teacher Organization
The Jefferson PTO will once again sponsor the Jefferson Jog. This has been an excellent fundraising activity over the past few years. This year, an online donation option has been added. Here's how to register for the Jefferson Jog online donations page:
1. Click on the big star icon on the left that says: Get Registered Parent Login
2. Create a parent login
3. Click the red “Add Student” button on the upper left
4. Search for “Jefferson Elementary Mankato” and fill in the remaining information about your student
5. Click “Add” to save your page
6. Use the sharing tools to share the link via e-mail or social media!
DATES TO REMEMBER
TUESDAY, SEPT. 19 - 2 HOUR LATE START
WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 27 - VISION AND HEARING SCREENING
FRIDAY, SEPT. 29 - THE JAGUAR JOG
TUESDAY, OCT. 10 - OPEN HOUSE / BOOK FAIR