Reopening Schools Update
March 2, 2021 - Dr. Quiauna Scott, Superintendent
Distance Learning or In-Person Learning - Family Survey
Greetings EUSD Families,
There are currently 10 public school districts in Alameda County considering in-person instruction this Spring, including Berkeley, Albany, Piedmont, and Alameda Unified School Districts. Other districts are still making decisions, and Hayward Unified School District decided to remain in distance learning for this school year. We understand that each community's context and needs can vary, so the decision for in-person learning can also vary.
Below are our assumptions as we engage in planning for reopening:
- Vaccinations of all teachers will not be required;
- Student testing will not be required;
- We will have staff testing in place;
- All required safety precautions will be in place;
- We will follow the general recommendation to provide in-person instruction for the youngest students first;
- Depending on how many students return to in-person instruction, the reassignment of staff and students is likely;
As we consider plans for in-person learning, our goal is to be responsive to our families/community's needs. To be responsive, we need to gather information to know if you prefer your child(ren) to remain in distance learning or in-person learning for the remainder of the school year.
We know this is a challenging decision for our families with the rapidly evolving guidance and information regarding COVID-19, so we appreciate your feedback and understand that your decisions may change over time. However, this information will certainly help us as a district to determine the next steps.
Please take a few minutes to complete the Family Survey listed below (due Thursday, March 4th):
English - https://forms.gle/UTrJ5U63ioUSEycS8
Spanish - https://forms.gle/WZ4AJGJkCmWRhHtK6
English - https://forms.gle/TphhBcDknkprDauG8
Spanish - https://forms.gle/quavZxpBSopwMHLd9
English - https://forms.gle/t7z1WBYgqmyTjY166
Spanish - https://forms.gle/MT26inrjgx6oSzVS8
In addition, each school site will make phone calls to understand each family's personal needs and preferences in our district. Your input is important to us as we partner together in the best interest of your child(ren). So, thank you in advance for taking the time to share your opinion with us.
Getting Ready to Reopen Video
In preparation to safely reopen our schools for in-person instruction, we have been working hard to make sure we are ready. Please take a look at the following video to learn more.
The Alameda County Office of Education (ACOE) and Alameda County Public Health Department (ACPHD) have partnered with our school district to provide access to the COVID-19 vaccine for our staff. While a number of our employees have already secured vaccinations using https://myturn.ca.gov/, we are currently surveying staff in order to get more accurate information about how many employees have been vaccinated and how many employees need further assistance. We will provide this information to the ACOE so that they can assist our employees in finding vaccination sites. We anticipate that our staff will have additional vaccination options available to them as early as this week.
For New/Returning Students in TK-8th grades: Go to https://www.annayatesk8.com/enrollment.html
For New/Returning Students in 9-12 grades: Go to www.emeryhigh.com/enrollment.html
For new enrollment, please begin the online enrollment process to create a profile. After doing so, you will be emailed an access code. Additionally, physical copies of the following documents are required:
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization records
- The TK-1st grade must fill out a health form School Entry Health Form https://www.dhcs.ca.gov/formsandpubs/forms/Forms/ChildMedSvcForms/pm171a(bi).pdf
- Residents must submit two (2) proofs of residence (lease, PG&E bill, water bill)
- Nonresidents (students residing outside Emery’s attendance area) must submit an Inter-District Transfer Application (IDT), most recent report card, discipline record, attendance record
- Driver’s License