ICEF Weekly Newsletter
January 18, 2016
January 20 - Monthly SIC Meeting, ICEF Inglewood Hillcrest Campus
January 21 - Instructional Specialists' Meeting, Home Office Downstairs Conference Room
January 20-21 - Counselor Trainings
January 27 - Cadre Meeting
March 19 - Athletics for All (MARK YOUR CALENDARS!)
Directors/IS's - Just a reminder, starting in January, Directors' meetings will be moved back to the first Thursday of the month and IS meetings to the 3rd Thursday of the month. Thank you for your understanding on this schedule change. Calendar updates will be sent out next week.
Focus for the Week - 2.2A, Behavior Expectations
- In the classroom?
- In the hallways?
- During recess and lunch?
- In the After School Program
News, Helpful Hints, and Reminders
From the Academic Team -
- The School Counselors will be in a Threat Assessment training on Wednesday, 1/20 from 8-12pm and a Cloud Nine Social-Emotional training on Thursday, 1/21 from 8-12pm. Please excuse their absence on both dates. Please see an email from Kene Washington, dated 1/13 if you have any questions.
- The LAUSD Charter Operated Programs (COP) Office is hosting a number of valuable upcoming trainings. Please the link for more details: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ioV2dCTXddFP1EgmvqS1zNfaO7Mb06m7stLIVoq24OQ/edit
- Last week, the LAUSD Charter Office sent information regarding ELL programs, on behalf of Board Member Ref Rodriguez. Check out the information here: http://achieve.lausd.net/mmed#spn-content. The link includes handouts and trainings on ELD instruction and ELD CCSS grading.
From Enrique - Please be aware that Enrique sent the following email to teachers last week:
- Teachers are fully responsible for entering their attendance on a daily basis in Illuminate (and if applicate, attendance binders).
· Teachers take attendance within the first 30 minutes of the beginning of school. For Secondary Schools (MS and HS), in addition, for every change of classes/periods, attendance is taken within 15 minutes of the start of class.
· Attendance Reports are done every month so it’s important attendance is reconciled daily by Teachers and Main Office.
· SIC’s and SOM’s (and any other staff member designated to support) are to support Teachers, when needed, to ensure compliance by providing training and resources.From the Arts Team -
Beauty & The Beast Auditions take place on Saturday, January 30th from 11am-6pm
Middle School: 1-3pm
High School: 3-5pm
Location: View Park Preparatory High School, Room S26
If you have any questions, please contact Judd Fish : email@example.com
ICEF Schools visiting the Getty Villa this month include:
- January 1/19 LDMS Art Classes, Ms. McAndrews
- January 1/21 VPHS, Ms. Gardner
- January 1/26th, LDMS Ms. Roberts and Ms. Pinkney (Entire 6th Grade
Next month we have more Getty field trips and Blue Ribbon Festival trips
Upcoming VAPA Professional Development at the Getty include:
· Monday February 22, 2016 10:00 a.m. – VAPA ONLY
· Wednesday March 16th- 10:00 a.m-3:30 p.m. – VAPA and LDMS teachers
· Wednesday, May 18, 2016 10:00 a.m-3:30 p.m. – VAPA and LDMS teachers
Check out the following opportunities!
Vernier to Host 30 Free Science Workshops for Educators - Vernier will host more than 30 Free Data-Collection Technology Workshops this Spring for Science and STEM Educators across the US
Celebrations and Worth Noticing!
- Shout out to VPPHS students Aaron Hundley and Jordan Tolbert for their excellent efforts to represent ICEF and VPPHS in the Center Theatre Group’s August Wilson Monologue competition. Both scholars were named semi-finalists. Congrats!!
- Shout out to Kene Washington, the Counseling Team, and the Home Office Team for providing support to VPPES during this tragic time. How powerful it was to see the teams present this week at VPPES to provide ongoing support. Thank you!
- Shout out to IIES, IIMS, IILA, LDES and VPHS who are doing Attendance Blackboard notifications on a daily basis! Kudos to the staff on making sure parents are notified with the scholars are either tardy or absent. Great job!