Environment Issues of Latin America
Air Pollution in Mexico City
Solutions for Mexico City
- A driver must leave there car at home one day a week.
- They encourage riding a bus, trains, or carpooling.
- Sometimes businesses are closed on days that the pollution is bad.
Facts About Mexico City
- Today Mexico City is known as one of the worlds worst areas of air pollution.
- 19 million people live in Mexico City and there are over 3 million cars.
- The city was built in a bowl- shaped crater of an extincted volcano.
- High elevation means that the air is thin.