February 15th-19th, 2016
MJHS Mission Statement
Our vision for Ronald E. McNair Junior High is for every student to be high school ready with a college and career mindset by purposefully encouraging individual strengths, goals, accountability, exposure and participation in the global community. Each student will develop a desire to be his or her best self by purposefully aiming for academic and social readiness that produces global competitiveness.
Thought of the Week- Happy President's Day!
Week At A Glance
- NO SCHOOL! SNOW DAY & President's Day!
- Have a wonderful day!
- Don't forget to make sure your gradebooks are up to date!
- PLC- please bring student work samples- formative assessments from current standard
- Happy Friday!
Save The Date
- ACT ASPIRE Learning Survey #2
- Final Friday Block Out!
- SchoolNet Benchmark #3
- Grade Posting is Open!
- Final day of the 3rd Nine Weeks
- Possible Snow Day
- Grades MUST be posted by 5:00 pm!
- Literacy Council
- Parent Pow-Wow's
- Print and Sign Grade Verifications
- Writing Shutdown #2
- writing Scoring Day #2
- Report Cards Go Home
- Sub Tubs- please make sure that your sub tub is up to date and in Mrs. Matthews office!
- Covering your duty- Please make sure that if you are going to be out for any reason that you get a teammate to cover your duty!
- Grades- 1 per week- Please make sure that you are putting at least one grade per week into INOW.
- Do Now- Please make sure that your Do Now is text based, has 3 levels of questions and that it is timed. Do Now- 1st 10 minutes of class.
- 90 Minutes of instruction- Please make sure that you are planning 90 minutes of Bell to Bell instruction. It is always better to over plan. Ask yourself these questions when planning a lesson...
- What do I want my students to know and be able to do? How will I know if they have learned it? How will I know if they have not learned it? What am I going to do if they did learn it? What am I going to do if they didn't learn it? What am I going to do if some students finish early? Students should ALWAYS have something to do!!!
- Class One Offenses- Please make sure that you are calling parents, talking to students, clearly stating your expectations, and documenting what you do to redirect the student. All of this helps immensley if a student needs further assistance from an administrator.
- Positive PAWS- Please don't forget to sign and make a note on student's green cards. Thank you!
- Don't forget about the GOLD PAWS!!
Duty This Week- Week Three