Week of November 23, 2015
REINHARDT CORE BELIEFS
Our main purpose is to improve student academic achievement.
Effective instruction makes the most difference in student academic performance.
There is NO excuse for poor quality instruction.
With our help, at risk students will achieve at the same rate as non- at risk students.
Staff members must have a commitment to children and a commitment to the pursuit of excellence.
CAMPUS KEY ACTIONS ~ 2015-2016
1. Ensure staff members and parents understand and support the academic priorities.
2. Strengthen curriculum alignment and use of data to increase student achievement.
3. Improve the quality of instruction in every classroom.
DISD Magnet and Public School Choice Program Information Available
I can assist parents who have questions regarding DISD Magnet or School Choice Programs. You may also refer them directly to the DISD websites: www.dallasisd.org/magnet or www.dallasisd.org/choice. The Magnet & Public School Choice Fair is at the Ellis Davis Field House on December 5th from 9:00 am - 12 noon. The first day to apply to a Magnet School is January 11th and the last day for submitting applications is January 29th @ 5:00 p.m.
~ Ellen Gutt
REINHARDT IS A BULLY-FREE ZONE
Science Fair Project Resources
Now is the time for parents, teachers, and students to browse the online catalog for some great resources specially-selected to be helpful in the quest for a prize-winning science experiment using the scientific method.
Here is a partial list of the science fair project books:
· Sure-to-Win by Joe Rhatigan
· Everything you Need for Simple Projects: Grades 3-5 by Robert Friedhoffer
· Prize-Winning Projects for Curious Kids by Joe Rhatigan
· Quick-but-Great by Shar Levine
· Properties of Matter using marbles, water, balloons, & more by Robert Gardner
· Step-by-Step Astronomy by Janice VanCleave
· Life Science, Water, or Space Projects (3 books) by Jordan McGill
· Chemistry using French fries, gumdrops, soap, and other organic stuff by R. Gardner
Search the Reinhardt Media Center at www.dallasisd.org >departments>library & media services>online catalog>select Reinhardt>search science fair projects for a complete list of available resources.
8:10 a.m. -- R TIME (Mrs. Montgomery and Dr. Vargas will visit classrooms)
3:00 p.m. -- Failure Rate Action Plans Due
4:00 p.m. -- All homeroom teacher's of record complete Breakfast in the Classroom Training. Place certificates in Mrs. Montgomery's box.
Thanksgiving Pot Luck
NO AFTER SCHOOL TUTORING
3:00p.m. -- Secret Santa forms due -- Place in Ms. Smith's box
KUDOS TO . . .
Ms. Green and Ms. Gonzalez on a successful Science Parent Night.
Mrs. Landig for sponsoring All City Choir this school year.
Reinhardt 2015-2016 Food Drive
Final Grade Level Totals...
PK -- 149
K & FLS-- 128
Congratulations 4th grade students and teachers! You won a "No Uniform/Jeans Day" on Tuesday, November 24th.
FALL ACP TESTING SCHEDULE