By the New York Times Best Selling Author: Taeler Martin
Habitat: Forest and Semiarid Areas
Ecosystem: Eastern and Southern Africa
Biome: Found in the grasslands, woodlands and brush lands and scrubs
Birds of prey, Snakes
- Anatomical structure of the skull and associated dentition are well adapted to slicing and crushing tough exoskeletons of insects. These features include: heavy zygomatic arches with well-developed masseter muscles and molar teeth with high cusp in front and broad grinding surface at the back half of the tooth.
- Sociality allows for:
- reduced predation pressure as group members alternate as sentries for predators while foraging
- Dwarf mongoose are territorial and larger packs are more likely defend established territories and repel invading groups
- Co-operative breeding in dwarf mongoose allows for high rate of offspring success, reduced work load on the breeding pair and increased probability that the breeding pair can survive and breed again in the next season
3. Use of termite mounds, logs and rock crevices for shelter and refuge from predators
Why it will win
I think that the Dwarf Mongoose will win because it has made it this far in the competition and it is a very good animal, has good traits that will help it fight against its competors and will survive till the end!!