OIIT Tech Talk
Update from the OIIT Digital Learning Team
Technology Specialists Professional Learning Menu of Options
Visit OIIT DLT's Menu of Professional Learning Options containing a variety of opportunities for school-based Technology Specialists. The doc includes content descriptions and information for completing items of choice. Options this month include the upcoming Technology Expo forDiverse Learners on Thursday, May, 7th and online broadcasts outlined below. A maximum of 6 contractual professional development hours completed by June 30th can be allotted towards SY14-15 required hours. PDPs will be provided via MyLearning Plan.
- May 14th: Managing and Leveraging Chromebooks to Improve Student Learning
- May 21st: Social Media for Schools and Teachers: From Community to Classroom
Digital Learning Newsletter
Have you subscribed to OIIT's Digital Learning Team (DLT) monthly newsletter launched in February? The publication features technology tips, updates, events, and learning opportunities for BPS educators and students. Topics include:
- Upcoming Professional Development Opportunities such as workshops, webinars, and other offerings as well as updates from the DLT
- Learning Tips and Links to Resources to help you build your digital literacies and learn more about digital tools for the classroom
- Social Media Updates including links to new blog posts from the DLT Blog and invitations to participate in #bpspln Twitter chats, and other opportunities to build your professional learning network within BPS
- General OIIT Updates including tech tips, project, or system updates
If you would like to receive the newsletters, please click this link to join the listserve and choose "Join". You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by visiting the same link.