ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT - Week of October 22, 2023
BOYS AND GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY
Camille More at the CAL tournament
On Monday boys soccer celebrated their seniors with a 7-1 win over Pleasantville. Goals were scored by Gio Bongiorno, Angel Mendoza, Lucas Cross, Matthew Sanchez, Carlos Ramirez and Ryan Evenson, and Chris Adair and Giancarlo Saparito shared the GK duties.
On Wednesday the boys soccer team traveled to Eastern High School to play in the first round of the Group IV South Jersey soccer playoffs. The Eagles were the 11th seed and Eastern the 6th seed. The Eagles played tough but could not find the back of the net, losing the game 3 nil. With the tough loss the season has officially ended and the boys finished with a record of 10 wins and 10 losses.
VARSITY FIELD HOCKEY
Field hockey ended their regular season with 2 wins against Oakcrest 9-0 and Middle Township 3-1.
Jenna Gray scored 9 goals in these 2 games to break the school record in career goals with 66, career assists with 56, and career points with 188.
Against Oakcrest Jenna Gray scored 7 goals, 2 were assisted by Gabby Hiltner. Additional goals were scored by Ava Callio and Skyler Wood with assists from Jenna Gray and Adalyn Scoppa.
Against Middle Township Jenna Gray had 2 goals (one assisted by Gabby Hiltner) and an assist. Skyler Wood had a goal.
11/2 at 6:00 pm Varsity Football at West Deptford
MIDDLE SCHOOL FALL SPORTS:
FERNWOOD CROSS COUNTRY
Racing first on Monday, the boys won overall against both teams.
Top performers were Ryan Cooke 2nd, Brayden Widas 3rd, Jeremy Cooke 4th, Martin Rodriguez 5th, and Eason Lassiter 11th. Displacing the two Davies runners and helping secure the win with new personal bests were Connor Adderley and Jack McDevitt.
The final score against Davies:
Fernwood 22 to William Davies 35 (Lowest Score Wins)
The girls fell just short against Alder (by only 2 points) but they beat Davies with a score 19 to 42.
Top Performers: Molly Rooney was first overall again for the girls running a new personal best time. Neena Peter took 3rd, Emma Baird 7th, Kacey Denning 9th. Lily Tosh, Callie Kowaleski, and Aevry Del Prete helped secure the win.
ALDER GIRLS SOCCER
The Alder Girls soccer team defeated Ocean City on Tuesday by a score of 2-0. Abby DeCosta and Olivis Farkas scored a goal each. Gianna Galego provided the shut out in goal. Great job ladies!
The Alder Girls soccer team closed out a terrific season on Weds beating Galloway Township by a score of 3-1. Scoring two goals was Abby DeCosta and Emmie Knaak added a goal. Also playing well was Corinne Conley, Marissa Mazur, Harper Cross, and Julia Sroka. Great season ladies!
FERNWOOD GIRLS SOCCER
ALDER BOYS SOCCER
The Alder Boys continued their unbeaten season this week, defeating Galloway 3-2. The winning goal was scored off a header by Angel Lopez, from a cross by Ary Sanchez with just minutes left to play! (Picture below). We also beat Upper Township yesterday by a score of 3-1!
FERNWOOD BOYS SOCCER
The Fernwood boys soccer team continued their winning ways with a 3-2 victory over Upper Twp. yesterday. Scoring for the Eagles was Lenny Redzepi with one goal and Grady Mathis with two goals. Defensively, fullbacks Brandon Mauer , Abraham Leonardo de Castro and Logan Carroll held it down for the Eagles. Goalkeeper Owen Moore played a great game to keep the Eagles in the lead throughout. Great Job boys!
ALDER FIELD HOCKEY
REGISTERING FOR A SPORT:
Everything you need (and more) regarding EHT Athletics may be found at EHTNJAthletics.com - Schedules, Contact Information, Forms, etc.
- Please review the appropriate registration dates for your interested season found on the registration page. Registration for WINTER sports for the HIGH SCHOOL is now OPEN. Registration deadline is 11/15/23.
- High School winter sports include: Winter Cheer, Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Swimming, Wrestling, Boys Winter Track, Girls Winter Track. For Sport Specific questions/information, including practice schedules, tryouts, off season opportunities, etc. Please contact the head coach of your interested sport.
- Registration for Middle School winter sports will open on Oct 1st. Registration deadline is 11/30/23.
- Middle School winter sports include boys basketball, girls basketball and wrestling
- All registrations for EHT Athletic programs must be completed online through the Family ID Program.
- You do not need a physical to register, but must have an exam uploaded seven days prior to your first tryout. *** THIS STEP CAN TAKE UP TO 7 DAYS TO COMPLETE - DEPENDING ON MEDICAL STAFF AVAILABILITY TO REVIEW DOCUMENTS - YOU MUST HAVE AN APPROVED EXAM TO PARTICIPATE IN PRACTICES AND/OR TRYOUTS***
- Physicals are valid for one year. For winter sports, physicals dated on 12/1/22 or later are valid. If the physical was done prior to these dates, you must obtain a new physical
- All Exams must be submitted digitally though your online registration. Click here for the physical form: https://ehtnjathletics.com/main/filesLinks/
- No hard copies, emails or faxes will be accepted.
- Re-Cert packets and COVID Forms are now part of the registration question/process. No hard copies needed.
- For Help on uploading your exam – Click here
NJSIAA: For the most up to date information from the New Jersey Interscholastic Athletic Association (NJSIAA) visit their website at https://www.njsiaa.org/
NCAA: Thinking about participating in athletics after high school? Then visit the following link from the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) to prepare: https://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/future