Berrien Springs Band News
Week of July 9, 2017
Open Band Room @ Middle School: Tuesday, July 11th 4:30-6:30pm. Full band music rehearsal 6:30-8:30pm.
Korn Dog booth FINAL SIGN UP!
There are only 7 shifts left!
Monday, 8/14 10 am-3 pm
Wednesday 8/16 2:45-7:00pm
Wednesday 8/16 2:45-7:00pm
Wednesday 8/16 2:45-7:00pm
Saturday 8/19 10 am-3 pm
Saturday 8/19 2:45-7:00pm
Saturday 8/19 6:45pm-close
This is a great way to earn money for the Disney trip or for band camp fees. If you have a family friend or grandparent/aunt/uncle that would like to work to help your student, that works too.
Classical Caliente Rehearsals begin this week!
Band Camp Reminders
1. Please adhere to our school dress code guidelines.
a. No spaghetti straps or thin tank top straps.
b. No undergarments can be visible.
c. Shorts need to be fingertip length or longer, as deemed appropriate.
d. Shirts need to be of a conservative length and style.
*Students may be asked to call home for alternate clothing if their band camp attire is deemed inappropriate for this school event.
2. Wear SOCKS and ATHLETIC SHOES every day. No boots. No flip flops. No sandals. No slides. This is an athletic activity and improper footwear can cause serious injury.
3. BRING SUNSCREEN. WEAR SUNSCREEN. LOVE SUNSCREEN. Also, bring a hat and sunglasses.
4. Eat a nutritious breakfast every morning. We do provide snacks, lunch, and water/gatorade throughout the rehearsals, but students who do not eat in the morning have a higher likelihood of weakness and dizziness during the morning rehearsals.
5. All students need to have a medical form filled out and on file with the band boosters. Click here for another copy of our handbook, which has the medical release form included.
6. Band fee for the 2017 season is $80 if paid on or before Monday, July 24th. Beginning Tuesday, July 25th the fee is $100.
7. If parents would like to volunteer to help at any point throughout the season (camp, competitions, concerts, etc.) you must have a volunteer form on file with the school district. You can pick up a volunteer form from the high school office between 8am and 3pm or from the superintendent's office.
Band Camp Spirit Days!
Monday - SHAMROCK PRIDE DAY: Dress head to toe in green and white!
Tuesday - BE ANIMATED DAY: Dress up as your fav cartoon or Disney character!
Wednesday - WACKY TACKY DAY: Mismatched and crazy - go all out!
Thursday - TWIN DAY: Dress up with a buddy - or as a section!
Friday - MARCHING BAND SPIRIT DAY: Wear your favorite marching band shirt/clothing day - it can be a Berrien Springs show, a DCI show, a college marching show - anything related to marching band.
Friday performance attire - khaki (tan) shorts/capris/pants and your show shirt (which you will receive that day).
Summer/Fall Marching Band Schedule
Tuesday, July 11th - Music rehearsal 6:30-8:30pm @ Middle School (pre-camp)
Tuesday, July 18th - Music rehearsal 6:30-8:30pm @ Middle School (pre-camp)
*Wednesday, July 19th - Marching rehearsal 6:30-8:30pm @ Middle School (pre-camp)
*New members, incoming freshmen, and leadership only
Thursday, July 20th - Marching rehearsal 6:30-8:30pm @ Middle School (ALL members)
Monday, July 24th - BAND CAMP 8:00am-5:00pm @ High School
Tuesday, July 25th - BAND CAMP 8:00am-5:00pm @ High School
Wednesday, July 26th - BAND CAMP 8:00am-5:00pm @ High School
Thursday, July 27th - BAND CAMP 8:00am-5:00pm @ High School
Friday, July 28th - BAND CAMP 8:00am-5:00pm @ HS, Performance 6pm @ Football field
Tuesday, August 1st - Rehearsal 6:30-8:30pm @ MS or HS - TBD based on construction
Tuesday, August 8th - Rehearsal 6:30-8:30pm @ MS or HS - TBD based on construction
NO REHEARSAL TUESDAY, AUGUST 15TH DUE TO THE YOUTH FAIR
Tuesday August 22nd - Rehearsal 6:30-8:30pm @ MS or HS - TBD based on construction
Tuesday, August 29th - Rehearsal 6:30-8:30pm @ MS or HS - TBD based on construction
Thursday, August 31st - 7:00 p.m. – Football Game (Report time 6:00 p.m. – SUMMER UNIFORM)
Tuesday, September 5th - Rehearsal 6:30-8:30pm @ Faculty Parking Lot
Tuesday, September 12th - Rehearsal 6:30-8:30pm @ Faculty Parking Lot
Tuesday, September 19th - Rehearsal 6:30-8:30pm @ Faculty Parking Lot
Tuesday, September 26th - Rehearsal 6:30-8:30pm @ Faculty Parking Lot
Friday, September 29th, 7:00 pm—Homecoming FB Game (Report time 5:30 p.m.)
Saturday, September 30th, Western Michigan University BAND DAY!
Tuesday, October 3rd - Rehearsal 6:30-8:30pm @ Faculty Parking Lot
Friday, October 6th, 7:00 p.m.—Football Game (Report time 5:15 p.m.)
Saturday, October 7th - Afternoon/evening —Vicksburg Invitational (Vicksburg, MI)
Tuesday, October 10th - Rehearsal 6:30-8:30pm @ Faculty Parking Lot
Wednesday, October 11th - (afternoon to evening)—Marching Festival, Niles HS
Saturday, October 14th - Late Afternoon/Evening—Lakeshore Invitational (Stevensville, MI)
Tuesday, October 17th - Rehearsal 6:30-8:30pm @ Faculty Parking Lot
Friday, October 20th - 7:00pm Football Game (Report time TBA; Parent’s Night-Seniors)
********ALL DATES ARE REQUIRED, UNLESS LISTED OTHERWISE*******
Pre-Camp Music Rehearsals may only be excused if you list them on the Commitment Form you turned in last spring. I will be flexible with these dates only.Contact your employer in advance with all marching band dates. Work is not an excuse.