Series and Parallel Circuts
What is the difference
the advantage of Parallel Circuits are:
- That is ensures all components in the circuit have the same voltage as a source. for instance all bulbs in a string of lights have the same brightness.
- The major disadvantage of parallel circuits as compared to series circuits is that the power remains at the same voltage as the voltage of a single power source.
- Other disadvantages include the split of an energy source across the entire circuit and lower resistance
The use of Parallel Circuits:
- A chandelier where all of the lights are parallel
- All the lights in your house
- A power divider
The advantages of Series Circuits are:
- that you can add additional power devices usually using batteries. this will greatly increase the overall force of your output by giving you more power
The disadvantages of Series Circuits are:
- that if one component in a series circuit fails the all the components in the circuit fails because the circuit is broken.
The use of Series Circuits
- Christmas lights
- Batteries in a remote
- A voltage divider