Laburnum Community Connection
Family Edition - February 21, 2021
We are excited to welcome back PK-2 students tomorrow who chose the option to return for in person learning. We would like to thank our families, staff, and students for the flexibility and determination that it took as we prepared for this phase in student learning.
As a reminder, if you requested bus transportation you can view your child's bus information through your Parent Portal account now. See the attached brochure for directions to create your account if you have not done so already.
On Monday, students who have returned for in person learning will receive several forms that need to be completed and returned on Tuesday.
- COVID Health Screener Form
- Health History Update Form
- Pick Up Authorization Form.
Remember to send your child to school with a mask, Chromebook or iPad with charger, school supplies, and he/she may bring a water bottle.
Please review the instructional timeline below carefully.
Return to Learn Timeline
See below for the updated timeline for HCPS students. As a reminder all decisions regarding in person and virtual instruction are binding.
As you review the schedule below, please keep in mind that many of our teachers will be working with both virtual and in person students simultaneously. As teachers get in person students acclimated to structures and routines, virtual students will be working asynchronously at times throughout the morning. We appreciate your understanding.
See the schedule below for the weeks of Feb. 22nd & March 1st
Week of Feb. 22nd:
- February 22nd & 23rd, 8:00 - 1:00 : In person learning begins for students in PK - 2 for those who selected this option.
- February 24, 8:00 - 10:00: Wellness Wednesday for ALL students. Students will learn VIRTUALLY during this time. There will be no in person learning. They must log in for virtual instruction.
- February 25th & 26th, 8:00 - 1:00: Virtual learning for ALL students.
Week of March 1st:
- March 1st & March 2nd, 8:00 – 1:00: In-person learning begins for students in 3rd – 5th grade, PK– 2nd grade continues for those who selected this option.
- March 3rd, 8:00 -10:00: Wellness Wednesday for all students. Students will learn VIRTUALLY during this time. There will be no in person learning. They must log in for virtual instruction.
- March 4th -5th, 8:00 – 1:00: Virtual learning for all students
Week of March 8th and for the remainder of the year - ALL PK-5 students:
- Monday: 8:00 – 1:00
- Tuesday: 8:00 – 1:00
- Wednesday: Virtual for all students 8:00 – 10:00/ Wellness Wednesday activities
- Thursday: 8:00 – 1:00
- Friday: 8:00 – 1:00
- You will be able to see bus information in PowerSchool via your Parent Portal account beginning February 16. Again, if you do not have a Parent Portal account, please set one up.
- The front of the school is for buses ONLY. All parent drop off and pick up will occur on the side of the building in the parking lot. See attached map.
- If you have a student who will be transported by Daycare, communicate this to the school immediately.
- Adults will not be permitted in the building to walk students to classrooms.
Parent Arrival Procedures:
- Student arrival will start at 7:50 AM. Do not drop students off prior to this because there will not be an adult to supervise them.
- Vehicles enter the parking lot area and pull up to the designated cones.
- All parents remain in vehicle
- Students exit vehicle on the passenger side ONLY
- Vehicles follow traffic pattern to exit drop off area.
Parent Pick Up Dismissal Procedures:
- Pick-up will begin at 1:00
- Vehicles will enter the parking lot area and pull up to the designated cones.
- All cars will display their family tag # on the dashboard which will match your child's lanyard number.
- Remain in your vehicle and we will dismiss your student to your car.
- If you do NOT have a family tag #, please have your ID ready.
- We cannot accommodate any dismissal changes.
Updated Instructional Schedules & Supplies
Click on your child's grade level to see his/her new schedule that will begin 2/22.
If your child will be returning for in person instruction, please remember to send your child to school with a charged Chromebook and headphones each day. Also, review the school supply list as a reminder for what's needed for in person instruction.
- Please remember to call the school and speak with one of our secretaries to report your child's absence. Calling or messaging your child's teacher will not permit us to excuse the absence. The number to the front office is (804) 228-2720.
- Through our partnership with Horace Mann, we are able to offer a great attendance incentive. Any student with perfect attendance will have his/her name entered into a drawing to win a new bicycle. Please share this with your child.
Thank you to those who joined our PTA General Meeting and Principal Chat last week as well as those who supported our Spirit Week fundraiser!
Join the PTA on February 23 at 5:30 for our next PTA General Meeting and Principal Chat.
Join by Video :meet.google.com/qow-oaod-pdq
Join by Phone:
PIN: 274 316 867#
Don't forget to join our wonderful PTA! The cost is only $5.00 per person. Use the membership link today or stop by the school.
No Hassle Fund Raising for Laburnum
The Laburnum PTA part of the Kroger Community Rewards Program. Help us raise funds for our school and children by linking your Kroger rewards card to the Laburnum PTA. Go to https://www.kroger.com/i/community/community-rewards to link your rewards card to the Laburnum Elementary PTA.
If you shop on Amazon, you can also support the Laburnum PTA if you use Amazon Smile. AmazonSmile is a simple way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. AmazonSmile is available at smile.amazon.com on your web browser and can be activated in the Amazon Shopping app for iOS and Android phones. When you shop at AmazonSmile, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added benefit that AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. You can choose from over one million organizations to support.
Follow Us on Social Media