Vista Oaks Update
A great place for your child to grow
Byron and East Bay News
Thursday, February 13, 2020
VISITOR SIGN-IN SHEET
Please come to the Oak room and sign in!
What do I do? Come to the Oak Room to sign in on a clipboard at Miss Amy's desk. She will hand you a sticker to wear while you are on campus. When you leave, you will sign out.
When do I do this? Any time you are coming on campus to stay longer than dropping off or picking up your child. If you're on the playground with your children, waiting for a student in services, meeting with your advisor, you sign in! :)
Thank you so much for your support!
- February 14th: Writing Contest Entires Due
- February 14th and February 17th: No school due to President's Day
- February 21st: HS Mafia Game Night (6-8pm, cost to attend $5.00)
- February 25th: Baseball Raffle Drawing (info below)
- March 11th: Parent Educator Workshop//Mastering the Mystery of Math (flyer below!)
- April 21-23rd: CAASPP State testing, Special Education services continue but onsite classes are closed
- April 28-30th: CAASPP State testing, Special Education services and onsite classes are closed
Welcome to the CAASPP Corner!
In this section, you will find information about our upcoming State Testing, games to help prepare you for the technology skills needed to test, and opportunities for the practice test!
Last week, we shared the dates of the testing and who would be tested. This week, I'm sharing a very lengthy list of technology skills required for the test. BUT, please don't stress because 1. our kids are better at these things that we are :) and 2. I will be sharing fun games each week to help your kiddos practice these skills!
1. Properly login/logout of computer
2. Hold mouse appropriately
3. Move mouse on screen
4. Place cursor on specific location on screen
5. Use a mouse to perform single-click
6. Use a mouse to double-click
7. Use a mouse to right-click
8. Use mouse to drag and drop items on screen
9. Use mouse to highlight text on screen
10. Launch a program by activating an icon
11. When program is running, return to main menu
12. Exit a program
13. Can access help features
14. Open a window
15. Close a window
16. Maximize a window
17. Minimize a window
18. Use the scroll bar to move up and down on a screen
19. Use the scroll bar to move left and right on a screen
20. Scroll in multiple windows
Don’t Stress About the Test
Vista Oaks State Testing Workshops
Are you interested in an opportunity to prepare your child for upcoming state testing?
What to Expect
Navigating Technology and the Test
Can State Testing be Fun?
Managing Stress and Test Anxiety
English Language Arts CAASPP Expectations and Practice
Mondays- March 30, April 6, 13 from 9:00-9:50 A.M.
Fridays- April 3, 10, 17 from 9:00-9:50 A.M.
Baseball Ticket Raffle
Win 4 Tickets to a Baseball Game!
A’s vs. Giants @ Oracle Park
Tuesday, 3/24/2020 @ 6:45pm
Seat Section PLB 125, Row 16 (4 seats)
Purchase Raffle Tickets in the Oak Room
$10 for 1 ticket
$20 for 3 tickets
$50 for 10 tickets
$100 for 25 tickets
Winner Drawn February 25
Vista Oaks HS Leadership is raising money for the instillation of a new information board that will be placed outside of the Oak Room
Vista Oaks Students to Participate in the Odyssey of the Mind Competition!
Date-Saturday, February. 29th
Time- 9:00 to 3:00 pm.
Place- Adams Middle School
401 American Avenue, Brentwood.
Odyssey of the Mind is an international creative problem-solving program that engages students in their learning by allowing their knowledge and ideas to come to life in an exciting, productive environment. Participants build self-confidence, develop life skills, create new friendships, and are able to recognize and explore their true potential. OotM proves that students can have fun while they learn.
30-Second Scoop Featured Scoopers Wanted
Please fill out this form and return it to Amy if you are interested in being a featured Scooper. Write clearly and be sure to have your parent sign it!
Parent Educator Workshops
At Vista Oaks it is important to us to support you as Parent Educators! We hope you can join us for these upcoming workshops!
Prompt: Through the Keyhole
Deadline: Entries Due February 14
Prize: You will be featured in the newsletter!
In the spirit of the new year, the prompt for this writing contest is "Through the Keyhole". All entries must be between 250 and 1,000 words and must relate to the prompt. Please keep language school appropriate. All forms of writing are accepted: poetry, short stories, epic, etc.. All ages are welcome to participate. Send your writing to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 14th. We look forward to your entries!!