Welcome to Mrs. Ray's Pre-K Class!
We are so excited for the school year to start!
First Day of School Parent Information Meeting
Monday, Aug. 24th, 8am
Lubbock-Cooper Central Elementary Library
- 2 boxes of gallon ziplock bags
- 1 box of sandwich sized ziplock bags
- 2 boxes of tissues
- 1 composition notebook
- 1 package of Clorox/cleaning wipes
- 2 24-count Crayola crayons
- 1 package of broad line markers
- 1 package of fine line markers
- 1 set of watercolor paints
- 1 pair of scissors (child size)
- 4 bottles of Elmer's glue (no gel)
- 1 napmat or blanket
- We ask that your child BRING THEIR BACKPACK EVERYDAY. Your child will be bringing home folder each day for discipline/communication.
- School begins at 8:00am. If you need your child to come before this time, they will meet in the cafeteria to eat breakfast.
- You may walk your child to the classroom at 8:00, but you must enter through the front doors ONLY.
- If you bring your child after 8:10, you must sign in at the office to receive a pass to come to class. Please make every effort to be on time because we begin instruction immediately after announcements.
8:10am - Students are tardy
10:55am to 11:25am - Lunch
12:15pm to 12:45pm - Specials
2:00pm - Nap time (No calls during this time)
3:40pm - Dismissal
PE is held on a rotating schedule. Please ensure that your child is dressed appropriately to include sneakers on PE days. We also will be going to recess daily Recess will occur outside unless the temperature is below 40 degrees. Please send weather appropriate attire.
Day to Day Needs
~Each Friday we will send your child's blanket home for laundry. Please send it back each Monday so your child will be comfortable at nap time.
~Please send an extra set of clothes for your child to keep in the classroom because bathroom accidents DO happen when the children are busy playing or napping. Some children need a change of clothes after lunch because of spills. If your child brings soiled clothes home, send new ones as soon as possible.
- Call when your child is going to be absent (Office: 806-776-2150)
- If you know ahead of time that your child is going to be absent, please let your child's teacher know as soon as possible.
- If you have a doctor's note, you can give it to Frances Gray in the front office or send it in your child's folder.
If you or a family member would like to share about their job, hobby, or simply love to read stories to the students, let me know! We love to have special friends visit our classroom!
The following items will be needed in class throughout the year:
- Cheap paper plates
- Sandwich, quart, and gallon baggies
- Small, brown lunch bags
- Colored tape rolls
- Tissue Paper
- Beads, feathers, etc.
- Old magazines
- Buttons- any size, shape, or colors
- Fuzzy, pom-pom balls
- Pipe cleaners
- Clorox wipes
- Skinny Expo markers