Update from Vista Oaks
A great place for your child to grow...
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- Come join us for a Scavenger Hunt on April 13th. More information and RSVP contact below!
- Homeschool Prom on Saturday, April 16th from 6:30-11:00 p.m.
- There will be no Enrichment classes the weeks of April 18-29.
- Onsite classes are cancelled April 18-29 due to State testing, **THOUGH INDEPENDENT WORK AT HOME WILL STILL BE REQUIRED DURING THAT TIME!!**
- Invent-a-Fair, Tuesday May 3rd (see below for more information and for the sign-up link!)
- April 29th is the Paint Nite fundraiser for students! RSVP and details below!
- On May 4th from 1:15-3:00 we will have a Water Balloon Fight. RSVP details below!
- Last day of Enrichment Classes is May 13th
- High School and 8th grade Graduation Ceremonies on Monday, May 23rd
- Last day of the school year is May 25th
TESTING IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER! IF YOU DO NOT KNOW YOUR CHILD'S DATES FOR TESTING, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR ADVISOR TODAY!
This week in the CAASPP corner we're working on our navigation skills while making a comic strip!
Follow this link for fun practice with this skill: http://www.makebeliefscomix.com/
Also, here's a link to the practice test! It'd be great for you to sit with your child and take the practice test together so you can both see what you can do to better prepare for it: http://www.caaspp.org/practice-and-training/index.html Log in as a guest (leave the boxes blank and click sign in) and choose a grade level to take the test.
Tuesday, May 3, 2016
Have you ever thought to yourself, “This is a great idea?” Now is your opportunity to invent something entirely new, or add an innovative touch to something already existing. Students will design and construct a prototype and share their creative ideas! Prizes will be awarded for a variety of categories!!
To participate: Here is a link to the entry form: https://docs.google.com/a/vistaoaks.net/forms/d/1v5Q34fW6VfzzJssjX5Hw0wvFZyDRYGzRsqwKjgAq0CE/viewform
Any questions may be emailed to Hollie Fox. email@example.com
To support students participating: Please plan to attend the fair on May 3rd and see what our creative students come up with!
Parent and Student Login to Pathways- Where can I see my child's grade?
Here's the link to login to your child's information on Pathways. Onsite grades are updated every two weeks:
Once you login, enter the username and password that your advisor gave you. Once you log in you will have the opportunity to reset your password.
YEARBOOK NEWS from CHARMAINE
You get a FREE 2 page layout in the yearbook, and it will only appear in YOUR yearbook. Please talk to Charmaine if you would like details on how to do this.
If you have pictures of your kids attending a school function, or playing at the school, or a picture with their teacher, feel free to email it to Charmaine for a possible entry into the yearbook. Sooner rather than later will give you a better chance of getting it into the book. Staff, we'd love to have any pictures that you've taken in class as well!
IN SESSION: March 29-April 15th
- Break for State Testing April 18-29
IN SESSION: May 3rd-13th