Summer is Here!
Para traducir en un teléfono celular, haga clic el círculo blanco y negro en la parte inferior derecha. Para traducir en una tableta, computadora portátil o computadora de escritorio a su idioma preferido, haga clic en el cuadro negro a la derecha que dice "traducir boletín informativo.”
- To translate on a cell phone, click on the black and white circle on the bottom right. To translate on a tablet, laptop, or desktop computer to your preferred language, click the black box to the right that says, "translate newsletter."
Hathaway Community, on behalf of the Hathaway staff we would like to share our collective gratitude for your constant support and understanding throughout this very challenging school year. In August I shared that Hathaway has historically been a vibrant collection of educators and lifelong learners who are dedicated to moving our school and community forward in positive directions. The Hathaway community, students, teachers and staff did an amazing job in spite of all of the challenges we faced! Congratulations to all of our students as they promote to the next grade level! It has been truly amazing to have everyone back safety in school with us! We could not have made it through the year without the incredible support of parents, guardians and families! Well done everyone!
Lets all stay safe and well over summer vacation! We'll see you all in August!
Thank you again to ALL of the Hathaway Community for helping us make it through 2021-2022!
Mr. Beneke - Principal
- 06/17: - Last Day of School
- 06/24: - Hathaway Office closed for summer
- 07/05 - 08/01: Summer School - Invitation only
- 07/20: - New student registration - 5:00 pm. - 7:00 pm.
- 07/21: - New student registration - 5:00 pm. - 7:00 pm.
- 07/22: - New student registration - 5:00 pm. - 7:00 pm.
- 07/25: - New student registration - 8:00 am. - 11:00 am.
- 07/25: - New student registration - 5:00 pm. - 7:00 pm.
- 07/26: - New student registration - 8:00 am. - 11:00 am.
- 07/26: - New student registration - 5:00 pm. - 7:00 pm.
- 07/27: - New student registration - 8:00 am. - 11:00 am.
- 07/27: - New student registration - 5:00 pm. - 7:00 pm.
- 07/28: - New student registration - 8:00 am. - 11:00 am.
- 07/28: - New student registration - 5:00 pm. - 7:00 pm.
- 07/29: - New student registration - 8:00 am. - 11:00 am.
- 07/29: - New student registration - 5:00 pm. - 6:00 pm.
- 08/10: - Hathaway Front Office open
- 08/25: - First Day of school
- 09/05: - Labor Day Holiday - No school
- 10/10: - Staff Development - No school
- 11/10: - Trimester 1 Progress Notices
- 11/11: - Veteran's Day - No school
Before we go...
Beat the Summer slide!
- Read whatever you want! Magazines, books, even comics!
- Panthers read at least 15 minutes per day. Read at your own pace.
- How to: motivate your kids to read.
- Check out 6 great reasons to read aloud to your kids.
- Create a bit of extra motivation with a cozy reading nook.
Skills Review for Reading and Spelling
- Build language skills with fun games like Boggle, Headbanz, Apples to Apples Junior, and more!
- Enjoy a big bundle of summer-themed stories and activities from All About Reading Levels 1-4.
- “Eat” some Banana Splits: a game with compound words.
- Have fun with Word Flippers while practicing reading and spelling skills.
- Try some of these great ways to review reading word cards and spelling word cards.
- Practice reading and spelling words with our Drag Race Review Game.
- Check out this treasure trove of pirate-themed reading and spelling activities. Arrrr!
- Try these 19 Activities for Kinesthetic Learning for learning that sticks!
- Match up the Baby Animal Names with this matching activity.
- Reinforce spelling and vocabulary skills using Word Trees.
- Build your child’s vocabulary with these awesome ideas.
- Play with portmanteaus and build your child’s vocabulary all at the same time!
Summer Math Ideas!
Read Math Picture Books: A great way to emphasize reading skills, as well as, math skills is to engage students with a math picture book. There are a lot of picture books available that are skill-based and fun to read at the same time.
Play Math Games: From card and dice games to board games to online math games, games provide a variety of methods for reviewing grade-level content and skills. You can find games at educational resource stores or on the web. While board games are usually more skill-based and fun for kids, you can do a lot with simple cards, dice, and/or dominoes. Online math games can be a bit more complicated, but children love them and keep them engaged for hours.
Practice Math Facts: The summer provides a great opportunity for children to become more proficient with math facts. Practice adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing when you are out and about. Flashcard games are great for road trips and travel. You can also find math fact practice via web games.
Explore Math in the Real-World: Recognizing math in the real world is an excellent way to reinforce math skills and help make real-world connections at the same time. Cooking a meal together can be a great lesson all in itself! Students can also help plan family trips, create a budget for activities like going to the movie theatre, or compare prices at the grocery store.
Download Math Apps for Cell Phones/Tablets: If your children have access to tablets or other mobile devices at home, keeping them engaged with math apps is easy. Because handheld devices are transportable, using math apps gives kids something to do when traveling, visiting grandparents, or simply riding in the car while adult family members are running errands– they provide instant opportunities for engagement. A quick Google search will generate a list of apps covering a wide range of skills.
New Students Summer Registration - All Grade Levels!
New Registering Students Hathaway's office will be open in July and August for new student registration.
Kindergarten Registration for the 2022-23 school year has started! Parents and guardians may pick up registrations at our front office.
Children who turn five years old on or before September 1, 2022, are eligible for Kindergarten.
Registration Dates and Times:
July 20, 21, 22: - 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
July 25, 26, 27, 28, 29: 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
July 25, 26, 27, 28: - 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
July 29: - 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Counselor's Corner Mr. Bravo
Please let us know if you or your student needs any support.
School Counselor: Clemente Bravo
805-488-2217 Extension: 1889 Email: email@example.com
To access the full resources of HESD Counseling Corner students and families click here: https://sites.google.com/hueneme.org/hueneme-school-counselors/home
You can also find additional support here: https://covid19k12counseling.org/.
Office closes - June 25th
Office opens - August 10th
Hathaway - 805-488-2217
Office Manager: Veronica Hernandez, firstname.lastname@example.org
School Counselor, Clemente Bravo, email@example.com
Principal, Thomas Beneke, firstname.lastname@example.org
Need to contact your teacher?
- Contact your teacher during during school hours
- Seesaw or Google Classroom
- Call your teacher: 805-488-2217 +classroom extension