King Middle School
Message from Mr. Wright
We've wrapped up the 4th week of the grading period, and are quickly approaching the 12 week Progress Report. Please be aware that GPA at the 12 week point is used to determine eligibility for end of the year activities; so continue to support your scholar with their academics by checking Aeries and Google Classroom on a regular basis.
Track and Field season starts next week, and the Super Grade Card Trip and Carnival are coming up. Check the calendar for details.
The Yearbook has gone to the publisher for printing. Students will be notified next week if they have purchased a yearbook and spot in the Yearbook signing party. Yearbooks are still available for purchase at the student store, get yours before they sell out!
Reminder again that Spring Break is coming up April 10 - 14. See you all Monday for another great week of learning.
Dates to Remember
Activities the week of Mar 26 - 31:
- SUNDAY 3/26 3:30 - 4:15 - OUSD Honor Band and Orchestra Concert - OHS PAC (come support your Lion performers!)
- Tues 3/28 Track Season Begins
- Fri 3/31 - Super Grade Card Trip - RESCHEDULED
Mark your calendar - Upcoming Events
- Mon 4/3 - PTSO Meeting 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. on Zoom (link will be available in the 3/31 Smore)
- Mon-Fri 4/3 - 7 Spirit Week (details coming soon)
- Tues 4/4 - New Lion Night (current 5th graders/parents) - 6:00 pm - MPR
- Wed 4/5 - Fentanyl Awareness Assembly - 8th graders only - 1:15 - 2:15 pm
- Fri 4/7 - MLK Carnival - 2:00 - 5:30 pm, Athletic Fields
- Mon-Fri 4/10 - 14 Spring Break - no school
- Mon 4/17 - Fri 4/28 IReady Diagnostic Testing - All Students
- Wed-Thurs 4/19-20. PTSO Book Exchange - See information below
TOMORROW - 3/26 - Honor Concert
SUNDAY - March 26, 2023 - 3:30 p.m. - Oceanside High School Performing Arts Theater - 1 Pirates Cove, Oceanside, CA.
NEW!!! Be Prepared for 23-24!
New!!! Yearbook Purchases / Signing Party
Any student who has purchased a yearbook can also purchase a ticket to the signing party.
See Ms. Weaver in the Student Store for more information.
**All students who have already purchased a yearbook/party ticket will receive confirmation this week.
THIS WEEK!!! Track and Field
To sign up see your PE teacher.
Please Help!! Carnival Volunteers Needed
Coming Soon!! Book Request from PTSO
The PTSO is looking for donations of gently used, age appropriate books for their Annual 6th Grade Book Donation Drive, which will be held April 17-18.
Your donated books will help encourage the 6th, soon to be 7th graders, to read over the summer break. We need at least 400 books to ensure there is one for every 6th grader.
There is a box for book donations in the school office. Thank you for your support!
OUSD Calendar 2023-2024 School Year
OPD Traffic Support for OUSD Schools
You may have noticed that motor officers are going by schools during drop off and pick-ups to monitor traffic. They cannot be at every school daily but will rotate around the city. This will not be a mandatory enforcement detail but an observation, education, and last resort, enforcement. We want everyone to be safe, especially around our schools.
Please be aware that our officers will be present, and do not be alarmed. They are only monitoring our drop off and pick up procedures. If you get a chance, please thank our OPD partners for their support!
Course Scheduling for 2023-2024 School year
From your MLK Counselors:
We are getting ready for the upcoming 2023-24 school year:
- During the month March, counselors will meet incoming 5th graders at the feeder schools and present elective course selection at that time. Thank you for supporting your student in making elective choices here at MLK.
Tuesday, March 28, Nichols
Friday, March 31, Ivey Ranch
- 7th grade students completed their course selections on Feb 9 and 6th grade students completed their course selections on Feb 16. If your child has not made a selection for next year, please have them sign up with their MLK counselor.
- ECHS Counselors met with 8th graders on Mar 8. Check with your student, the King Counselors or ECHS for scheduling information.
Fun Family Event at ECHS
Love and Logic Parenting Workshops
Session 1 March 1 - April 19
Session 2 April 20 - June 1
Session 3 April 28 - June 9
INFORMACIÓN EN ESPAÑOL
New Resource for Military Families
Information for English Language Learners / Información para estudiantes del idioma inglés
The OUSD Website has updated resources available for english language learners. Click the link below for more information.
El sitio web de OUSD tiene recursos actualizados disponibles para los estudiantes del idioma inglés. Haga clic en el enlace de abajo para más información.
OUSD Information for Parents
OUSD has a newsletter for Secondary Families.
Complete the brief survey and you could win a prize in the mindfulness giveaway!
(English and Spanish)
English - https://www.smore.com/4g8w5
Spanish - https://www.smore.com/6sgz3
Still Available!! - OUSD is Hiring!
Food Resource for North County Families
Share the news of our Great School!
Go to Great School to share your great news!
Helpful Parent Resoure!! Blocksi Parent Access
Parent features include:
Bedtime and time access control on streaming media, social media, Youtube, gaming, etc. on student devices.
Enforce a strict policy on certain websites when the district Chromebook is at home.
View your child’s web history and get warned when blocked content is accessed.
To sign up, parents can go to https://parent.blocksi.net/register_account.
*The parent’s email address must match the parent email provided during student registration.
Las funciones para los padres incluyen:
Control de acceso a la hora de dormir y control de la duración de medios que se ven por internet, redes sociales, YouTube, juegos, etc. en dispositivos de los estudiantes.
Hacer cumplir una regla estricta para ciertos sitios web al usar el Chromebook del distrito en casa.
Ver el historial de internet de su hijo y recibir un aviso cuando accede a un contenido bloqueado.
Para más información, pueden visitar https://blocksi.net/bmee-parent.php.
Para crear una cuenta, los padres pueden visitar https://parent.blocksi.net/register_account.
*El correo electrónico del padre debe ser el mismo que se usa para el Portal de Padres de Aeries o las inscripciones.
Community Resource for Families
Sleep in Heavenly Peace
- Sleep in Heavenly Peace is an all volunteer organization that builds and delivers beds to kids ages 3-17 that don't have a bed, and are sleeping in compromised situations.
- Single, twin beds or bunk beds are delivered with a new mattress, new bedding, and a new pillow, all at no cost to the family
- Focus is only in the Oceanside and Vista area,
- Visit their website for the application process.
- Volunteers to help build beds are needed too.
Click the link below for more information:
Warning from the DEA - please read!
Click the link below for more information from the DEA.
OUSD has an App!!
OUSD is pleased to be able to offer three series of the Parenting the Love & Logic Way workshops this fall. Love and Logic is a Seven-Session Parent Skill Building Program.
OUSD se complace en poder ofrecer tres series de talleres de Parenting the Love & Logic Way este otoño.Love and Logic es un programa de desarrollo de habilidades para padres de siete sesiones
Care Solace provides mental and behavioral health supports as well as substance use treatment options.
Substance use and abuse services for youth up to age 21, on Medi-Cal, are uninsured or underinsured.
Consejería de salud mental y uso de sustancias en el campus de MLK.
Free Bus Passes