Respiration & Photosynthesis
By: Nithya & Katherine
What is photosynthesis?
- Plants use the process of photosynthesis to feed themselves
- Carbon Dioxide + Water + Light -------> Sugar+Oxygen ( This is what photosynthesis looks like)
- Needs sunlight
- Happens in autotropes
- Happens in chloroplasts
What is Cellular Respiration?
- Breakdown of Glucose molecule
- Release of energy stored in glucose molecule
- Occurs in Mitochondria
- Released energy is used then lost, during cell function
- Waste products are CO2 and H2O
Waste products of cellular respiration go back to the plant where the plant breaks apart the carbon dioxide and water. Then it changes to light energy into chemical energy and stores the energy into the glucose molecule.
Human Physiology : What Is Cellular Respiration?
Photosynthesis and Respiration
- Lecture in class
- Schematic of Photosynthesis in Plants. The Carbohydrates Produced Are Stored in or Used by the Plant. Digital image. Wikipedia. N.p., n.d. Web. 4 Dec. 2015. <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photosynthesis>.
- Photosynthesis and Respiration. Perf. Paul Andersen. Youtube.com. N.p., 7 July 2011. Web. 4 Dec. 2015. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IJMRsTcwcg>.
- Cellular Respiration. Perf. Paul Andersen. Youtube.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 5 Dec. 2015. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh2P5CmCC0M>.
- Human Physiology : What Is Cellular Respiration? Youtube.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 5 Dec. 2015. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_bfk5W_8y4>.