St. Ann School
Back to School 2023-24
Mission and Vision
Mission:We, as members of the St. Ann Catholic School family aligned to the pillars of the Catholic faith, are devoted to the Holy Father's mission of nurturing spiritual growth, academic excellence, and compassionate leadership. We live the Gospel message of Christ to be faith-filled, life-long learners committed to teaching, praying, serving, and loving.
To foster a Christ-centered, Catholic community rooted in knowledge, service, and love.
Late Start Wednesdays!
In order to provide protected time for teacher PD throughout the 2023-24 school year, we will have a late start every Wednesday. The first bell will ring at 8:45 a.m. with students seated by 8:50 a.m. Please see the Family Calender for designated dates.
Families who need to drop off their children earlier, may enroll in our before school Extended Care program. Please contact Program Director, Trudy Stensaas, for cost and enrollment forms (email@example.com).
St. Ann School Staff 2023-24
- Fr. Tom Kelley - Pastor - Thomas.Kelley@hmocchurch.org
- Fr. Randy Budnar—Parochial Vicar - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fr. David Wannish - Parochial Vicar - David.Wanish@madisondiocese.org
- Mrs. Kara Roisum—Principal - email@example.com
- Mrs. Samantha Dennison-Art K-8 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Jacob Deutsch--MS History & Social Studies - email@example.com
- Mrs. Kalyn Eith--4th Homeroom, Spanish K-8th - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs. Hayley Emerson—MS Science, Math Course 3, Algebra - email@example.com
- Mrs. Sarah Gates—5th Grade/Math Course 1 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs. Mary Hanson--4K Aide - email@example.com
- Mrs. Jennifer Jansen—Elementary EA - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs. Patricia Johnson--4K - email@example.com
- Ms. Monica Mack—School Counselor - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Mark Mackesey—Recess Supervisor, Food Services Asst. - email@example.com
- Mrs. Jessica Matz—Kindergarten firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs. Diane Neumeyer—Administrative Asst. - email@example.com
- Mr. Noah Neumeyer—Extended Care Asst. - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs. Lanette Nguyen— email@example.com
- Miss Mikayla Pederson—1st Grade - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Greg Pigarelli—Food Services Director - email@example.com
- Mrs. Aimee Stano—Instructional Coach - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs. Trudy Stensaas—Extended Care Director, Food Services Asst. - email@example.com
- Ms. Ashley Svedin--2nd & 3rd Grades - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs. Tonya Talbert—MS LA/8th Grade Religion - email@example.com
Volunteering at St. Ann School
Safe Environment Protecting God’s Children Awareness Session
All parents, guardians, etc., who wish to volunteer at St. Ann School are required to take an online safe environment training course. This includes parents attending field trips, helping with lunch supervision, etc. The three components of the course are:
Read the online Diocesan Policy Book and
Code of Conduct
Please take this opportunity to complete this requirement before school starts. Register at www.virtusonline.org/virtus under Madison Diocese St. Ann Parish or School.
Key things to note when completing the session:
- Reserve enough time to complete the entire session in one sitting (approximately 2.5 hours). Restarting the session has been known to erase previous work, resulting in people having to start over.
- Use a computer or laptop. There have been issues with using smartphones to complete the session.
- Be sure to complete the section that asks for driver license information. Many people miss this section, and it is needed for a background check.
For assistance or any questions, feel free to contact the school office or Parish Administrative Assistant, Tamarah Fleres, firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-873-7633.
Logowear for Embroidery
2023-24 Calendar of Events
Below is the scheduled events for St. Ann School for the 2023-24 school year. Please note that these events are subject to change throughout the year. Any updates or changes to these events will be communicated to families in our weekly newsletters.
- August 29 - 1st Day of Classes Grades K-8, St. Ann’s Only, No Bus Service
- August 29 - H&S Coffee & Donuts at Drop Off, 7:30-8:30 a.m., School Parking Lot
- August 29-30 - 4K Beginning of the Year Conferences
- August 30 - 4K Mandatory Parent Meeting, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Healy Hall
- September 4 - No School, Labor Day
- September 5 - 1st Day of Classes 4K
- September 7 - Deak’s Night Out for St. Ann School
- September 19 - School Photo Day
- September 22 - No School, St. Ann’s Only
- October 2 - Living Rosary, 8:00 a.m.
- October 3 - H&S Parent/Child Paint Night, 5:00-8:30 p.m., Gym
- October 6 - School Photo Retake Day
- October 8 - H&S Pancake Porky Breakfast, 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m., Gym
- October 12-19 - Literati Book Fair
- October 13 - H&S Fall Dance, 6:00-8:00 p.m., Gym
- October 17 & 18 - Parent/Teacher Conferences, 4:00-8:00 p.m.
- October 19 - 11:00 a.m. Early Dismissal (No after school Extended Care)
- October 20 - No School
- October 27 - St. Ann Red Cross Blood Drive, 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m., Healy Hall
- October 27 - H&S MS Family Enrichment, 5:00-9:00 p.m., Gym
- October 31 - St. Ann Trunk or Treat, School Parking Lot
- November 5 - Daylight Savings Ends
- November 11-12 - Holiday Gift Fair, School Gym & Kindergarten Classroom
- November 21 - End of Trimester 1
- November 22-26 - No School - Thanksgiving Break
- November 25-December 3 - Eucharistic Miracle Display, Healy Hall
- November 27 - Classes Resume
- December 14 - Advent Program, Grades K-8
- December 20 - Middle School Holiday Bazaar, Grades 6-8
- December 21-31 - No School - Christmas Break
- January 1 - No School
- January 2 - Classes Resume
- January 15 - No School, Teacher PD
- January 28-February 2 - Catholic Schools Week (CSW)
- January 28 - CSW Kick-Off Mass, 8:30 a.m.
- February 1 - CSW School Mass & Reception, 8:00 a.m.
- February 2 - H&S CSW Feast, 5:00-8:00 p.m.
- February 3 - Women’s CEW Planning Day, Healy Hall
- February 10 - Men’s CEW Planning Day, Healy Hall
- February 14 - Ash Wednesday, School Mass 9:00 a.m.
- February 14-20 - Random Acts of Kindness Week
- February 16 - No School, St. Ann’s Only, Teacher PD
- February 16-18 - Women’s CEW
- February 27-28 - Parent/Teacher Conferences, Grades 4K-8, 4:00-8:00 p.m.
- February 29 - Early Dismissal, 11:00 a.m., No After School Extended Care
- March 1 - End of Trimester 2
- March 1 - No School
- March 1-3 - Men’s CEW
- March 10 - Daylight Savings Begins
- March 10-15 - 8th Grade Trip to Washington, D.C.
- March 25-29 - No School - Spring Break
- March 29 - Good Friday
- March 31 - Easter Sunday
- April 1 - No School (Easter Monday)
- April 2 - Classes Resume
- April 19 - H&S Movie Night, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- April 3-12 - Literati Book Fair
- April 12 - Grandparents/Special Persons Day
- April/May (TBD) - St. Ann Drama Club Production @ Stoughton High School
- May - TBD Spring Music Program, Grades K-8
- May 6-10 - Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 6 - Living Rosary, 8:00 a.m.
- May 17-19 - Syttende Mai Festival
- May 24 - No School
- May 27 - No School - Memorial Day
- May 29 - 8th Grade Cookout and Swim, Time TBD
- May 31 - Last Day of Classes K-7
- May 31 - End of 3rd Trimester
- June 4 - 8th Grade Graduation Mass & Reception, 6:30 p.m.
- June 6 - Last Day of Classes 4K
August 29 thru September 8
- Tuesday, August 29 - Cheese Quesadilla (Brian Brimmer)
- Wednesday, August 30 - Popcorn Chicken (Brandon Hill)
- Thursday, August 31 - Cheese, Pepperoni, or Sausage Pizza (Natalie Nemeckay)
- Friday, September 1 - Hamburger or Cheeseburger (Tim Jarmuz)
- Monday, September 4 - No School, Labor Day
- Tuesday, September 5 - Beef Burrito (Matt Gorshe)
- Wednesday, September 6 - Chicken Nuggets (Matt Gorshe)
- Thursday, September 7 - Spaghetti & Meatballs (Jessica Ritchie)
- Friday, September 8 - Mac & Cheese (Matt Gorshe)
The name in parentheses is the parent volunteer for that day. Parent volunteers are expected to arrive to school by 10:55 a.m.
St. Ann School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.