The Hazen Link
Connecting Classroom to Community ~ October 2019
Extended Learning Opportunities are Booming in the Hardwick Region
- Career Cafe is this Friday and every Friday, from 11:00 until 11:35 in the Hazen Library. Come one come all!!
- Hazen's new Artisan & Entrepreneur Academy is up and running. See an introduction from our new coordinator below.
- A weekly trip to the Spark collaborative workspace is about to begin. See below for more information.
- Weekly opportunities for group job shadows will begin on Thursday, October 10th. See below for more information.
student run CAREER CAFE TO BEGIN THIS FRIDAY
Middle level students, please join us with your lunch in the library.
Hazen's new A & E Academy is up and running!
The A & E Academy in partnership with IBL and WBL teams has connected several students with Job shadowing and internship opportunities. Some examples are a student working with a blacksmith in East Hardwick, another student is experimenting with the laser printer at Spark, and Academy classes have participated in field trips to local farms, engaged guest speakers and explored the Spark maker-space.
For more information about the wide range of possibilities for learning opportunities in the Academy, reach out to Hilary Maynard!
Sunsoil looking for harvest help
Create & Innovate at Spark: Every Wednesday from 12:00 - 1:00
Are You Interested in Starting Your Own Business?
Job Shadowing Program: Thursdays 12:00 - 2:00
Are You Interested in College but Unsure of the Path to Get there?
Lindsay Carpenter, Hazen's VSAC Outreach Counselor, is regularly at Hazen and a fantastic resource for students who need guidance on the college process. She will be at Hazen the following dates during late September and October. Lindsay is a great resource for students who are curious about college who may need help navigating the path to get there. To schedule a time to meet with Lindsay, please email her at email@example.com.
Teachers, feel free to invite Lindsay into your TSA as well.
November 12: VSAC Financial Aid Night at Hazen
From UVM Extension/ 4-H Program :
VTeen Leadership Weekend - register by Oct 25
October's VTeen 4-H Science Café: When Will I Know My Results?
- Saturday, October 19, 2019, 5:00-7:00 pm
- University of Vermont, Davis Center, Mansfield Dining Room
- FREE pizza and drinks; open to all youth in grades 7-12
- Register no later than October 16
November's VTeen 4-H Science Café: Infectious Diseases - How Do We Combat Them?
Saturday, November 9, 2019, 5:00-7:00 pm
University of Vermont, Davis Center, Mansfield Dining Room
FREE pizza and drinks; open to all youth in grades 7-12
Register no later than November 6