DCA Welcome Letter
Kindergarten - 5th Grade
Welcome to the DCA!
We would like to welcome you to the Downingtown Cyber Academy on behalf of our entire staff. Please read this welcome carefully and reach out if you have any questions!
Kecia Nesmith, Principal
Kristie Burk, Coordinator for Online Learning
Your student's Zoom schedule is posted on our website. Click on the tab at the bottom of the page to find your child's grade! Students will follow a 6-day A-F schedule that matches the rest of the district.
K-5 DCA teachers will take attendance during Zoom sessions for students each day/class. Students are required to attend their Zooms unless the family has signed a Personalized Learning Agreement (PLPA). Please visit our website to learn more about a PLPA.
If students have a PLPA, they must complete at least one assignment or activity in each subject every week to demonstrate their presence. If they fail to do so, they will be retroactively marked absent in the class for the week.
All DCA parents will continue to receive newsletters from their home principals for this reason!
Role of Parents and Guardians
- encouraging your student to create a calendar of the Zoom times.
- help your student create a weekly to-do list.
- verify that lessons and assignments are completed in Schoology by Sunday.
- communicate with the teachers if the student is struggling.
- monitor grades and attendance in Campus and Schoology.