Adams Family newsletter
January 16 - January 20
From the Principal's Desk
We hope that you all are enjoying your weekend. It seems like the weather will cooperate with us and be a little warmer. Hopefully you all will find time to play outside.
Students in grades 2-5 will be completing their Winter MAP tests this week. Your child's teacher will share his/her progress during Winter Conferences.
The elementary volleyball tournament is fast approaching and we are looking for students to participate. We are the reigning champs so the more students that sign up the better.
Come join our Adams PAC group and school community at Urban Air on Tuesday. It will be TONS of fun and benefits Adams. A win-win.
Enjoy your weekend. We look forward to seeing students back on Tuesday.
Adams Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
Items from our PAC
1/17: Family Fun Night @ Urban Air 4-8 p.m.
- This was one of our most popular family fun nights last year! So, you're bound to find a friend here.
- Mention you're from Adams, and you can get a reduced ticket price. The Ultimate pass is $26.99 & the Deluxe Pass is $19.99. (A portion of ticket sales is donated to support events and programming at school.)
1/28: Sledding @ Knox Hill/Wintercrest Park1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Grab your sleds and bring your whole family to Knox Hill for spectacular sledding or open ice skating.
- We'll bring hot cocoa and some extra sleds, friends.
- Follow us on Facebook in case of a weather cancellation.
2/1: Reading Month Kickoff @Adams 6:30-8 p.m.
- We're providing activities, crafts, bingo, contests, food, and games to kickoff a whole month of reading.
Birthday grams: Parent Advisory Council will deliver treats to students and staff throughout the year to celebrate students or staff! Cost: $5 You can order or donate a birthday gram here. (https://my.cheddarup.com/c/2022-23-birthday-grams?cart=94ace1c1-1f50-4cb4-9ac3-298fee1f5acf%21%2142034918)
From our volunteer service coordinator (VSC)
We love our volunteers!
As always, THANK YOU for taking the time to support the community of Adams Elementary. Even small acts of kindness make a big difference! Our hallways are brighter and our students are benefiting from the various ways our volunteers have contributed.
Need some reasons why?
Check out this article: "17 Eye-Opening Benefits of Volunteering with Your Kid's School."
How you can help:
- Work with our Kindergartners to build their reading and math skills (2-hour training is provided and required).
- Come in once a week to help our First Graders with simple reading and math activities.
- Cut laminate, make copies, and prepare paper projects either in the workroom or at home.
Do you have a grandparent or high schooler who would like to help at Adams? Encourage them to sign up!
Character Strong - Empathy
From our School Social Worker
Cold Weather Rule: It’s Cold Weather Rule Time again (CWR)! CWR runs from October 1st to April 30th every year and provides protections to eligible utility customers from having electricity/natural gas shut off during this time. Customers may need to request protection and commit to a payment plan.
Attached, please find Cold Weather Rule FAQS. Additional Flyers in multiple languages can be found here, if useful.
Many Energy Provider’s Websites contain Cold Weather Rule information, you may click on each provider below for more information/ application to apply for protection.
For information about Energy Assistance Programs for (2022-2023) in Anoka County, including income guidelines and applications, please visit the ACCAP site- The Energy Assistance Program began October 1st and ends May 31st, 2023:https://accap.org/energy-assistance/. Links for additional utility assistance programs, including The Salvation Army’s Heatshare, can be found here as well.
- Please note: Some programs may require a denial for local county assistance, etc. to quality. Please check each site to see what program requirements are.
- Further information on Anoka County Emergency Assistance programs that may assist prevent utility shut offs for eligible households: https://www.anokacountymn.gov/199/Emergency-Programs
Elementary Volleyball Tournament
Teams will be made up of 3rd, 4th and 5th graders who have played or would like to play volleyball in a competitive setting. Join the volleyball team as we brush up on our skills and practice for the annual tournament that will be held on Saturday, March 4th at Northdale Middle School, 11301 Dogwood Street, Coon Rapids. Transportation to and from the tournament is the parent's responsibility. Fee includes instructional sessions, tournament registration, and team t-shirt. Refreshments at the tournament will be sold separately.
**Adams Elementary are DEFENDING Champs!!
From our Parent Educator
Please see the information below regarding classes for families.
Adams Redhawks are Kind, Safe, Respectful and Responsible
This e-newsletter is published by Adams Elementary School. Questions, comments or concerns about the school e-newsletter? Contact us.