We Are Together Tamanend!
November 11, 2013
Honoring our Country's Veterans
Veterans Day is always an important day here at Tamanend. A day during which we take time to express our deep appreciation and respect for those who have so honorably served our country to ensure our freedoms. This year, we welcomed Captain Chris Mosher as our keynote speaker. In addition to being in the Navy, CAPT Mosher has had two of his children go through Tamanend, and will have another child at Tamanend in a few years. In CAPT Mosher's heartfelt and humble address to our student and staff, he thanked all of the veterans who have served our great nation; he shared his pride in serving our country along side dedicated and hard-working soldiers; he was grateful to all of the moms, dads and children who support the young men and women who are presently serving our country here in the States and around the globe; and, he reminded us to listen in observance and respect when we hear our National Anthem. It is because of the selflessness and courage of our veterans that we can sing "the land of the free and the home of the brave."
Fall Pep Rally 2013
Cyberbullying Assembly and Tiger's Eye
We thank Attorney General Kathleen G. Kane for creating this program and sharing it with PA schools. We thank our guests, Mr. Shallcross and Mr. Mitchell for their engaging and informative presentation on this important topic.
Bucks County Teacher Recognition
November's Boomerang Asset
November's Boomerang Asset is Interpersonal Competance: Young person has empathy, sensitivity, and friendship skills. Young person cares about and is aware of other people's feelings. Please take a moment to complete the online nomination form for a Tamanend student who demonstrates interpersonal competance. Nominations are due on November 22nd.
Freshman Baby Pictures for the Yearbook
For more information about Tamanend's 2013-2014 Yearbook, click here.
Help Tamanend While You Shop or Recycle
If you use the following vendors, please think about supporting TMS while you shop and recycle:
- If you shop at Target and have a Target Red Card, you can register your card for Target's Take Charge of Education program so that Tamanend receives a percentage of your spending.
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card. Note, each year you need to reselect Tamanend so that your shopping benefites TMS.
- Use this link to connect to Amazon to shop and Tamanend can earn as much as 15% of what you purchase!
- Clip and send in Box Tops to the attention of NJHS; or, shop at the Box Top Market Place where you will find vendors such as Best Buy, KMart, Justice and more.
- If you like to shop online, check out the eScrip Online Mall. When you sign up for an account, selecting Tamanend earns money for our school.
- When you recycle your paper using our Abitibi bin located at the back of our Main Parking Lot, you have not only helped the environment, you help TMS, too.
Notes from Previous Tamanend Connections:
- We frequently conduct safety drills here at Tamanend Middle School to ensure that our students are prepared for various types of emergencies. It is important that your student dresses appropriately for weather, including shoe choices.
- Because the Parent Portal allows parents/guardians to check student progress on a regular basis, we will no longer print and send home interim progress reports. We encourage all parents/guardians to log in and check the Parent Portal on a weekly basis. Parents have access to current grades, assignments, attendance, and more.
- Students may not arrive to school in the morning until 7:10 AM. That is when staff members are available to supervise students.
- Parent Volunteers Needed! Please sign up using our online form. Code word = tms.
- Click here to learn about CBSD efforts against bullying and for resources helpful to parents on this important subject and more.
- We need parents, students and staff for our Wellness Committee. If you are interested in helping with a fitness program after school, starting a vegetable garden in our courtyard, or have some other ideas to help our students and staff "go green" and stay fit, please contact Mrs. Mary McDonald, Mrs. Lauren Myrtetus and Ms. Brenda Scheffey about becoming involved in our Wellness Committee.
- To attend CB South Titan Football games, 9th graders need to show ID at the ticket window, and 7th & 8th graders must be accompanied by a parent.
To receive text alerts from CBSD, click here.