Monday, September 30, 2019
Spirit Days for Homecoming
CHS Homecoming is next week. To show our support to our favorite football team, CMSS is celebrating with Spirit Days. Each day will have a different theme for students to demonstrate their Panther Pride. Remember, the student dress code still applies on spirit days.
Monday 9/30: Marvel Monday - Dress like a superhero or wear a super hero t-shirt
Tuesday 10/1: Tropical Tuesday - Dress for the beach in your sunglasses, leis, flip flops, etc.
Wednesday 10/2: Pajama Day - Wear your comfy PJs
Thursday 10/3: Throwback Thursday - Dress in the style of your favorite decade
Friday 10/4: Panther Spirit Day - Dress from head to toe in Red and White!
All 5th graders will need to turn in a YES or NO form to their Advisory Teacher by October 11th, indicating whether or not they are planning to attend. CMSS is limited to 300 participants.
There has been a price increase this year. The total cost for your student to attend Space Camp is $390. The non-refundable deposit reserves your student's spot for the 3 day field trip. See the payment plan below:
- October 11th : $90 non-refundable deposit due
- November 1st: $75 payment
- December 6th: $75 payment
- January 10th: $75 payment
- February 7th: $75 payment
Parents interested in chaperoning this field trip must attend the MANDATORY meeting on either September 30th at 9:00 am or October 1st at 6:30 pm. Both meetings will be held in the CMSS Cafeteria.
Feel free to contact the CMSS Office or CMSS Space Camp Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
CMSS Block Party!
Parent/Teacher Conference Forms
Today, Monday, September 30th, each student will be bringing home an informative letter and conference sign-up form. Please indicate the 3 conference times and date that work best for you and return to your student's Advisory Teacher. Conferences will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. Once conferences have been scheduled by the Advisory Teacher, students will be bringing home a confirmation note of your date and time.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your student's Advisory Teacher or the CMSS Office.
Car Rider Procedures
Avoid dropping off/picking up your student in the parking lots. This creates traffic that could result in an injury to our students and staff. Parking lots are reserved for those parking and entering the building.
Morning Drop Off
- Drop off is 1 lane. Use the lane closest to the building.
- Please pull as far forward as possible when dropping off your student. This allows more students to exit the cars and speeds up the drop off line.
- Students will enter the building through the front doors.
Afternoon Pick Up
- Pick up is 2 lanes after entering the CMSS driveway. Cars must use the "Merge" lane to create 1 lane of traffic heading toward Kerr Station Road. Panther Trail is a city street and must remain open for through traffic.
- Present your placard to the caller as you approach the beginning of the car line.
- Students will listen for their name and go to the number called with their name.
- Cars will pull up to the number called. (#1 is near the 6th grade hall/closest to the Kerr Station exit/#10 is near the 5th grade hall/closest to the caller).
- Students will wait until the vehicle comes to a complete stop to load their car.
Box Tops for Education
Box Tops for Education is still going strong and each box top counts as cash for CMSS! Since 1996, General Mills has donated over $913 million to schools just like CMSS.
You can continue to send in your Box Tops with your student OR you can download the Box Top App and choose CMSS at your school. Then, simply scan your grocery receipt and CMSS will be credited for each eligible item you purchased.
Lunch prices will remain the same as last year:
- Elementary lunch: $2.40
- Secondary lunch $2.60
- Reduced lunch $0.40
If you are a family that is facing financial hardships, the most important thing you can do is to let us know. There is no deadline to apply for free and reduced meals. We will be more than happy to help you fill out the paperwork or apply online. If you don’t qualify for that program, they are still willing and able to provide assistance as needed. For any questions, please contact the Food Service Director, Erin Wilkes at 501-843-3363.
Your child's supply fee can be made by check or cash and sent with your child to school. You can also pay online (link: https://cabot.revtrak.net/) cabot.revtrak.net - there is a service fee. You do not have to put a teacher's name, just your child's grade level. The district wants to do everything in our power to help our families. If you are a family that is facing financial hardships, the most important thing you can do is to let us know.
Cabot Middle School South