Dragon News for Families
Jones Center ~ November 2020 ~ Special Edition
- November 6th - Report Cards Distributed to Families
- November 10th - Picture Day for Online Only Students - Sign up for an appointment HERE.
- November 10th - Picture Retake day for In Person Students
- November 10th - Tri-County Parent Information Night
- November 13th: Change of Learning Option Window Closes.
The PTA will be selling holiday wreaths and decorations through Mickman Brothers for their fall fundraiser. This will be all online – order, pay, and items ship directly to gift recipient or family. You can order items to ship to family and friends, or you can provide them with our fundraiser code and they can order online!
Second Semester Student Enrollment
The window has opened for families to choose in-person learning or Park Hill Online for the second semester. Here are some answers to questions you may have.
If I want my student to stay in their current learning option, do I need to do anything?
- No. You don’t need to do anything.
How do I switch my child’s learning option?
- You will be able to change learning options in the Parent Portal during the enrollment window from October 29 to November 13.
- There is a phone line set up during the enrollment window to answer questions. You can call the PHSD at 816-359-4044 during business hours from October 29 to November 13 or email email@example.com.
Could my child’s teacher change next semester?
The Park Hill Board of Education has adopted class-size guidelines for all grade levels in our elementary schools. To assure a quality learning environment for your child, we will be following these guidelines.
- While we are trying to keep students with their current teachers, there is a chance that their teachers might change, depending on how many students enroll in each option.
- Like this current semester, we cannot guarantee that students in Park Hill Online will receive a teacher from their home school.
When will I know my student’s teacher and schedule?
We will contact families by January 11, 2021, with information about their students' second-semester teacher and schedules.
For more answers to frequently asked questions, please go to ACADEMIC OPTIONS
The enrollment window to change your child's mode of learning the second semester opens on October 29 and closes on November 13. It is extremely important that this deadline is honored. More information can be found HERE.
How to View End of Quarter 1 Progress Reports
AMI = Alternative Methods of Instruction
AMI Distance Learning Days:
In the past, when the weather made it too dangerous to get to school in the Park Hill School District, we just called a snow day and added the day to the end of the school year. Now that the state of Missouri has said we’re allowed to do distance learning from home, we have another option - an AMI distance learning day.
- What is an AMI distance learning day?
- How many AMI distance learning days can we use in Park Hill?
- What will we do if we use up all our AMI distance learning days?
- What will an AMI distance learning day look like for students?
- What will an AMI distance learning day look like for teachers?
- What will an AMI distance learning day look like for each employee group?
One of the ways we will alert you to an AMI distance learning day is a text alert. If you have not yet opted in to receive texts from the Park Hill School District, text Y to the shortcode 67587 from the phone number you have already provided to the Park Hill School District.
Tri-County Virtual Parent Night
Health Guidelines for Students and Staff
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Nausea or vomiting
- Muscle pain
- Lack of appetite
- Loss of taste or smell
Nominate a Staff Member for the Park Hill STAR Award
That is why we present the Park Hill Star award once a month to a pre-K or elementary teacher, a secondary teacher and a support employee. Anyone can nominate an employee for this award by using the form below. It asks you to share how your nominee demonstrates our district values of continuous improvement, high expectations, integrity, visionary leadership and student focus. You can also share how your nominee supports the goals in our district’s strategic plan.
Mrs. Langhus was honored by the district as November's Secondary STAR Teacher!
We are so proud of her.
Use this link to nominate an awesome Jones Center staff member as a Park Hill Star!
We are taking every precaution we can to try and keep our students and staff safe during these times. Our building health and safety precautions can be found here.