T.C. Williams Library
February 2013 Monthly Report
On February 14th, we hosted a reception to unveil 30 new READ posters featuring TCW students, faculty, and staff. The Advanced Photography students took the photos which will be displayed throughout the campus.
Instruction & Collaboration
We had 51 classes use library services. Classes included
- Criminal Justice research & online presentation tools (Go Animate, Prezi, Simple Booklet & Weebly) (Gulden)
- Moving toward a Flipped Classroom -- Discovery Education (Foote)
- Research skills (Vera, Nutter, Chavis, Divan)
- Modern Slavery Research Project -- and introducing ebooks (Kratovil & McKay)
- Drama monologues (Bachman)
- Film Studies (Henry)
- Literacy (Martin)
- Purchased JSTOR (received an overwhelming enthusiastic response from staff!)
- Ran a promotion to spark renewed interest in TC READS.
- Set up a table in cafeteria for lunch on days we were closed for testing.
- Established a new permanent collection & display for Spanish language books.
- Purchased $2,000 of new materials and database renewal; and processed approximately $3,400 of books previously ordered.
- Created displays for new materials, Black History Month, Abraham Lincoln, Books into Movies, and Valentine's Day
- Students participated in library's daily Black History "Who Am I Contest" using print reference books and databases to find answers to clues. Students also entered essays entitled "African American Inventor that Changed Our World."
- The two winning entries won $50 gift cards (donated by library patron)