Sierra Family Newsletter June 2, 2022
Thank you for a great year, Sierra Families! Your sharks are amazing kids because you are amazing parents. Your support of your child's education and the work we do at Sierra has been tremendous. It was so special to celebrate them on the last day of school. I am very proud of our sharks!
Important changes to note for the 22-23 school year:
- We will have a new bell schedule with school start time changing from 7:50 to 8:25!
- The start of the new school year is also when RUSD will roll out the California Universal Meals Program across all campuses. Each student will have access to two free nutritious meals each day (one "2nd-chance breakfast" and one lunch). 2nd-chance breakfast at Sierra will be served at the first recess in the 10:00 hour.
- Don’t forget to review the 2022-2023 school year calendar to be prepared for when students will be in the classroom.
To our families moving away, and our 6th graders leaving for middle school, we will miss you! Please come back and visit.
We look forward to seeing the rest of you in August! Have a wonderful summer!
Amy Westberg, Principal
Thank you all for your help and generous donations, as always!
Are you cleared to volunteer or chaperone a field trip?
- Fingerprinting completed for RUSD specifically. Prior fingerprinting done for any agency or organization other than RUSD will not be accepted. Fingerprinting takes approximately 72 hours to clear.
- Current Tuberculosis Test (TB). TB tests expire every 4 years and must be renewed in order to volunteer. TB Tests take approximately 48-72 hours for results and results must be brought to the office.
State of California Policy:
- Vaccination status or proof of a current negative COVID test uploaded to the link included in the email from Informed K12. If you have not received this email, please let the office know. Details about this are included in the Informed K12 email.
To check your volunteer status, please call the office or email our Secretary, Kimberly Ervin, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
6/3 - 8/9 Summer break - Have an amazing summer!
8/10 - Frist day of school
Click this button for a video and more details. Share with your friends with school-ready little ones!
Check out our weekly announcements videos shared with students every Monday morning!
Lunch may be picked up for RVC students from 11:30 - 12:00 Monday - Friday from our school cafeteria. Our Nutrition Services Website has the menu for the month so your shark knows what they will be sinking their teeth into each day.