Monday Morning Memo
September 26, 2022
Newsletter at a Glance
- Welcome Dr. Robin Saunders Davis!
- Picture Day
- Upcoming Dates
Welcome Dr. Robin Saunders Davis!
This week we are welcoming a new staff member to our team, Dr. Robin Saunders Davis! She will be teaching Kindergarten, 4th, and 5th grade religion as well as joining the aftercare team. Dr. Saunders Davis received her Bachelors in Social Science from The Catholic University of America and then moved on to Johns Hopkins University where she received her Masters of Education as well as her Doctorate in Education with a focus on Teacher Development and Leadership. She has served in educational roles at all levels throughout her career, including teacher, professor, multicultural equity education consultant, trainer, and many more. We are excited to welcome her to our community of learners!
Welcome Mrs. Karen Italiano!
Mrs. Karen Italiano has joined our team as the new PreK4 paraeducator. Mrs. Italiano is the parent of three children here at SMA and also serves as the Youth Minister at St. Edward the Confessor Catholic Church. She filled in as a substitute teacher for the position and was an excellent addition to the class. We are grateful that she will now be with us full time!
Joe Corbi Fundraiser
We’re about halfway through our Joe Corbi fundraiser and we need your help!
Did you know? …
- Every item ordered will help us reach our ***GOAL***
- Every item ordered will help your child reach their individual goal for this event
- You can help us spread the word about our fundraiser simply by registering your child
Just go to: joecorbi.com
Click on “Participant Registration”
Use our Org ID # 21028
- You can get an instant coupon of up to 50% OFF your first item ordered just by helping us reach out to some of your friends and family who could support us on behalf of your child
- Your coworkers may also want to help. Don’t forget to share your printed brochure with them or if you’re not going to see them in person — add their email addresses when you’re registering your child!
Every order gets us closer to our goal.
We truly appreciate your help!
Picture Day This Week- Winter Uniform Required
Picture Day is taking place next week! Wednesday September 28th is picture day for PK-3rd, and Thursday September 29th is picture day for 4th-8th. The fall picture day is in full uniform as these photos will be used for the yearbook. Middle School students are required to be in full winter uniform (white shirt and sweater vest/pullover/cardigan; ties for young men). Students in grades 4-8 that normally have P.E. on Thursday will wear their regular uniform, not their P.E. uniform.