HFRCS Newsletter SY 2022-2023
November 8, 2022 - Vol.2 Issue 11
From the Principal's Office
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Friday, November 4 was the closing of our online donation platform for our 2022 Hawk Walk. I am pleased to say that we surpassed our goal of $35,00 by raising $39, 395! This is the highest amount we have ever raised for our Hawk Walk and I am profoundly grateful to all our parents, grandparents, family, and friends who supported our students this year! As a result of meeting this goal, the Turkey Bowl is on! The Turkey Bowl, which is our 8th Grade versus Faculty flag football match-up, will be held on Tuesday morning, November 22! Thank you again for your generous support for this year’s Hawk Walk!
Just a reminder that effective November 1, we are officially wearing winter uniforms. Please see this newsletter for more information on winter uniform. Once we begin winter uniform, shorts are no longer worn for regular uniform or gym uniform, and the polo shirts will have to wait until after Easter. Please be aware that while we are experiencing unseasonably warm weather, students are permitted to remove the sweater component while in the classroom.
This Friday is Veterans Day. Due to the holiday, most public schools are not in session and we do not receive bussing. The only school district that will be bussing students on Friday is Neshaminy, Bus 84. All other students must be dropped off by car in the morning and picked up in the afternoon. To alleviate the excessive car traffic in the morning, we will have extra teachers on hand to open car doors. In the afternoon, we begin carline dismissal early at approximately 2:40 PM so that we can expedite carline dismissal and have students dismissed as quickly as possible. I thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.
Our Thanksgiving Food Drive is still taking place! Food can be brought in between now and Monday, November 21. In addition to providing meals for our supporting parishes, we also contribute to food banks in our community. It is a wonderful time to share the bounty of our gratitude with others.
Sincerely Yours in Christ,
Remember to go to Mass this weekend!
To ensure that students get into the school building quickly and safely when using the morning carline, please:
- Pull up your car in front of the Parish Center where you will be greeted by a staff member. Do not park and bring your child to the front door.
- Parents must stay in the vehicle at all times. We have staff ready to open doors and assist your child(ren) out of the vehicle.
- Have your child(ren) exit by the right passenger side (if possible) so they can safely exit toward the sidewalk.
- Have your child(ren) ready to go with their belongings (e.g. backpack, water bottles), so they do not leave anything behind.
For carline dismissal, please:
- Line up in the church parking lot.
- Display your family number by the front passenger window so staff can record your carline number quickly.
- Make sure your child knows their carline number.
- Wait for direction from a staff member before pulling out of your lane. We appreciate your patience as our goal is to have all students dismissed as safely as possible.
Annual Thanksgiving Food Drive
The following items have been assigned for the schoolwide annual Thanksgiving food drive:
PreK /K: Cake/brownie boxed mixes
Grade 1: Boxed potatoes
Grade 2: Canned vegetables
Grade 3: Canned Fruits
Grade 4: Turkey gravy and cranberry sauce
Grade 5: Stuffing
Grade 6: Canned vegetables
Grade 7: Soup
Grade 8/Faculty & Staff: Cash or gift cards toward the purchase of a turkey
We thank you for your generous response to the needs of our own parish families and those in our community.
December Breakfast/Lunch Order Form
The Breakfast (PK) & Lunch (PK-Grade 8) Order form for December (Dec 5 - Jan 6) is due on Monday, Nov 14.
Order Form: https://forms.gle/Y4ZCQuqfzgMQzeYZ6
Breakfast and Lunch Menu: https://hfrcs.org/lunch-menus
Menus are subject to change. Please refer to the school website for the latest menu.
Holy Family Happenings & Highlights
Nov 11 (Fri): Veterans Day, busing available for Neshaminy bus 84 only
- Nov 14 (Mon): December Lunch Order Due
- Nov 22 (Tue): Student Council $1 Dress Down Day (Favorite Football Team or brown), Turkey Bowl, The NED Show Assembly (K-Gr.8)
- Nov 23 (Wed): Thanksgiving Prayer Service @ 9:30 AM, Early Dismissal (PK 11:00, K-Gr.8 11:30)
- Nov 24 (Thu) to Nov 28 (Mon): No School, Thanksgiving Break
- Nov 29 (Tue): Classes Resume
Save these Dates!
- Dec 20 (Tue): Christmas Pageant Gr. K-8 @ 9:30 AM
- Dec 21 (Wed): Christmas Pageant Gr. K-8 @ 1:00 PM
From the Enrollment Office
From the Advancement Office
Danaher Lynch Family Foundation CEC Scholarship
The DLFF scholarship portal is now open for the 2023-2024 school year. Students who wish to be considered for a DLFF scholarship, which is a 2-year renewable grant at Conwell Egan High School, should complete the application at www.dlff.org, select scholarship, how to apply.
Please note the deadline so every student who would like to be considered will have an opportunity.
Questions? Contact: Ms. Mary Ann Conway email@example.com
215-269-9600 x 208
***** HOME & SCHOOL NEWS *****
H&S Upcoming Events
For any questions regarding Home & School events, please reach out to the H&S Leadership Team or firstname.lastname@example.org
New spiritwear inventory on hand and available for purchase! Please see attached order form and email email@example.com for any questions.
***** PARISH NEWS *****
Queen of the Universe
Father John R. Weber, Pastor
Father Cesar J. Izzaguire, Parochial Vicar
View the Parish Weekly Bulletin.
Sunday Mass Schedule:
4:00 PM (Vigil Mass), 7:30 AM , 9:30 AM , 11:30 AM , 1:00 PM La Misa en Español
Weekday Daily Mass:
8:30 AM - Monday through Saturday
Holy Days: (subject to change)
5:00 PM (Vigil), 8:30 AM, Noon, & 7:00 PM
The Sacrament of Reconciliation:
Thursday: 6:45 PM - 7:30 PM , Saturdays: 3:00 PM - 3:45 PM
The Sacrament of Baptism:
1st and 3rd Saturdays, at 11:00 AM
St. Frances Cabrini
Monsignor Magee, Weekend Assistant
View the Parish Weekly Bulletin.
- Monday-Saturday: 9:30 AM
- Saturday Vigil: 5:30 PM
- Sunday: 7:00 AM, 9:00 AM, 11:00 AM
- Holy Days: 6:30 AM, 12 Noon, 7:00 PM (except January 1st which follows a Sunday Mass schedule)
The Sacrament of Reconciliation
Saturday: 4:15-5:15 PM or by appointment
Daily Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
Saint Joseph Chapel
Monday - Saturday: 8:00 AM–8:00 PM
Sunday: 12:30 PM–8:00 PM
Included is this week's winnings. The jackpot prize for the next drawing is $51,000 and will be drawn on Wednesday, November 16.
The Sacraments: The Treasures of our Faith
Guest Speaker: Rev. Tom McCarthy, OSA
November 13, 14, and 15 at 7:00 PM