Wednesday, November 6, 6:00 PM
Lavia, La Lupa (The She-Wolf), 1996
Upon his return from military service, the young Nanni Lasca (Raoul Bova) meets and falls in love with Maricchia (Alessia Fugardi). However, Nanni soon discovers that Maricchia's mother (Monica Guerritore) is an infamous seductress known as "La Lupa" ("The She-Wolf"). Even Nanni's plans to marry Maricchia do not put an end to La Lupa's advances. This conflict comes to a climax at the town's feast of Santa Rosalia, the patroness of Palermo.
Thursday, November 7, 6:00 PM
Puglia and Basilicata Tour
Come to our trip presentation as we discuss details and itinerary of the Casa'a June 2020 trip to Puglia and Basilicata! This trip around the beautiful cities of Southern Italy includes hotel stays, bus tours, excursions, on-site lectures on historical and cultural aspects of each town, and so much more.
Friday, November 8, 6:00 PM
Festa di San Martino
Come to the Casa Italiana on November 8th at 6pm for a celebration of la Festa di San Martino, the Feast of Saint Martin. We will be breaking open the wine and roasting chestnuts for this fall tradition.
$50 per person, $90 per couple, please call the Casa at 585-389-2468 to reserve your place!
*Very few openings remain!*
- Antipasto: Antipasto freddo -- prosciutto, sopressata, olives, and Italian cheeses
- Primo Piatto: Spaghetti con salsa di pinoli -- spaghetti with pine nuts, tomatoes, and anchovies
- Secondo Piatto: Pollo oreganato con verdure -- oregano chicken with vegetables
- Contorno: Insalata verde -- Caesar salad
- Dolce: Torta di cioccolato e nocciola con contorno di zabaglione -- hazelnut chocolate cake with zabiglione on the side.
- Bread, water, wine, and roasted chestnuts included!