Eastside: One Team, One Dream
"We never lose. We either win or we learn. - Nelson Mandela
Working in partnership with the community, Eastside Elementary will provide all students:
A collaborative team of professionals who are committed to improve their practices, so that all students learn at high levels
A safe, positive, and inviting learning environment
An engaging and challenging curriculum focused on essential academics and life skills
Individualized and timely support that provides students with what they need to succeed
Hook Them Into Learning
Keep working on creativity in the classroom and creating a student empowered workspace!
Quotes to Inspire You
Details for the Week
Monday (Color Week in Kinder - Wear Purple)
Lesson plans should be placed in the Google classroom "Game Plan" by 8 am Monday morning. Newsletters can be uploaded by the end of the day. Have your lesson plan out on your desk (reading lesson plans on your reading table) for us to look at when we come in your classroom. This will allow us to not interrupt the instruction taking place.
All new PROWL intervention groups start this week (Phase 1). Some kids may be confused on Monday where to go. Make sure to review the I can statement with your PROWL group. We have written a new I can statement for anyone that is working in decodable readers. Mrs. Krogman, Mrs. Patty, and myself will be at a training in the morning. Mrs. Hogg will be in the office. Call for any students you are missing to the office.
Students in cafeteria: Kinder will go to the music room with Mrs. Satterwhite. 1st Grade will go to the library with Mrs. Havens. 2nd through 5th grade will stay in the PE building with Mrs. Turner, Mrs. Newkirk's sub, Mrs. Cardin, and Mrs. Gordon. They will start logging all these kids' name down on a spreadsheet to start splitting them up into groups for PROWL Phase 2 which will roll out next week.
Make sure your objectives are posted on your marker board. Remember the objective is not for you. It's for your students. Objectives need to be listed in I can form. They cannot just be an activity like Number talk. Open and close lesson with the objective to see how close they are to the goal.
SIT will meet today.
Mrs. Krogman will pull new students 3-5 in the afternoon to do the MAP math test. Mrs. Cardin will be testing the new students 3-5 during keyboarding this week for the MAP language test.
ESCworks transcript is due to me at the end of the day.
Dather, Williams, and Spellerberg are at a training, so please help out the subs in the building.
DIBELS starts this week. Your interventionist will be pulling students out to DIBEL them.
Place what items you need on the club spreadsheet by end of day on Monday.
Tuesday (Color Week in Kinder - Wear Pink or Gray)
- Mrs. Bailey will be here all day. She will be coming around to classrooms at some point to see how instruction is going.
- Guiding Coalition plans to meet at 3:00 - 3:40 with Mrs. Bailey. They may be asking for help to watch their kids or switch a duty.
- Wednesday (Color Week in Kinder - Wear Brown)
- Team Meetings will be content team meetings for 3-5 with Mrs. Bailey.
- Support staff team meeting will be at 11:00 with Mrs. Bailey.
- Team Meetings with grades K-2 will be at normal times with Mrs. Bailey.
- She will be using the first 10 minutes of each meeting to do a team assessment. Then, she plans to allow you to accomplish your task and offer suggestions along the way. All teams will begin looking at Unit 1 and discussing the checklist you went through at Back to School PD.
- Thursday (Color Week in Kinder - Wear White)
- Volunteer Breakfast and Training at 8:15. The office staff will be providing breakfast. If you would like to make a breakfast item, please see Mrs. Krogman.
- Friday (Color Week in Kinder - Wear Black)
- Clubs begin this Friday! Let this week be about setting the stage for the nine weeks.
- Fire drill after clubs - We will announce over the intercom prior to the drill with some brief instructions. You will take your student roster to call names once you exit the building.
- We will have recess meetings on Friday. See daily schedule for your recess meeting time. This will allow us to discuss kids and how PROWL is going.
- General Announcements
- Nurse Leah and Mrs. Hogg are requesting pants and shorts for boys and girls for our clothes closet. I went through and cleaned out Luke's closet, so if you have kids school age, please help us out with this.
- Information from the custodians: Please place clorox wipes by the sink. Stack chairs at the end of the day. Do not have anything in your window sill.
- Let me know if you cannot locate the Elementary curriculum file in the Google drive.
- If you need to use a phone to call parents, please use the lounge phone or go across the hallway to the conference room. The office phone is not a place where these conversations need to take place.
- Remember to use a tumbler type cup with a lid for your beverage including coffee.
- All classroom doors must be locked at all times. Only open your classroom door for students or other staff members. You will be notified by Ms. Patty of any visitors coming to your classroom. Remember from Coach Meek's training to talk to kids about not opening the door for someone unless you have said it's okay.
- Continue making positive contacts to parents. Develop those positive relationships so that the more difficult conversations are easier during the school year. Support staff will need to choose 20 students to make positive contacts on as well. You may want to talk about who you choose as a group so we can reach as many different students as possible. Your list will be due to Mrs. Krogman on Sept. 6th.
Evidence of Great Instruction!!! #EES1Team1Dream
Important Dates (Refer to EES 2019- 20 Calendar shared by Mrs. Krogman)
Sept 2 - No school
Sept 3 - 5th grade second chance breakfast begins
Sept 3-6 - BOY MAP K-2
Sept 4 - Guiding Coalition meets at 3:00- 3:40
Sept 5 - Boy Scout Night 6:30 PM
Sept 6 - Positive Parent Contacts due to Mrs. Krogman
Sept 6 - Mrs. Bailey and Mr. King's here
Sept 12 - PTO Meeting after school and Watch DOG Dad Kick off 6:00 PM
Sept 13 - Spirit Day @ 8:30
Sept 16 - Progress Reports go home
Sept 19 - Lil' Dribbler Meeting 6:00 PM