We started the week celebrating our school custodians. Students wrote thank you messages, helped clear tables at lunch and the Climate Committee sponsored a JERSEY MIKE's lunch. We appreciate all of the hard work they put in each day and night to keep our school clean.
We finished up the Week of Respect with an out pouring of SPIRIT at the first Pep Rally of the year! Thank you to Mrs. Hatton and Ms. Fitzgerald for planning an outstanding event for our students. Senior students, Leo Bautista and Bobby Sabatino led the event and did an amazing job! Although all four classes came out very spirited the JUNIOR CLASS took the spirit stick this time around!
This week culminates with Food Truck and Fire Pit in the High School East parking lot on Thursday Night ( rain date Wednesday 10/12), a home football game vs TRN Friday Night and the Homecoming Dance on Saturday evening at 5:30.
Monday- Dress like Adam Sandler Day
Tuesday: Surfer vs Biker
Wednesday: Wild West vs Outer Space
Thursday: Disco Day
Friday: Dress like Raider Day
Underclass picture day will be October 12th all day in the Gymnasium.
Graduation requirement update:
Earlier this year you received a letter notifying you of the high school graduation procedures mandated by the New Jersey Department of Education. Please note that for the class of 2023 there is no graduation assessment requirement. Students in the class of 2023 must still meet all the other State and local graduation requirements, including but not limited to credit, curriculum, and attendance requirements. If you have any questions or concerns about your child’s graduation status, please contact your child’s school counselor.
7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens
This month we will begin focusing on Habit # 1: Being Proactive.
What does PROACTIVE parenting look like?
Proactive Parenting is allowing your child to experience life's challenges but also being able to recognize when he or she needs assistance. It is playing an active role in your child's life choices and giving advice and guidance when needed.
- Create plans and follow routines
- Speak with intention and consistency
- Reward the process over the product ( ex. child studied and put effort in but did not earn the grade he or she hoped for)
- Take ownership of mistakes made by child and by parent and learn from them
- Have realistic expectations
Take these REACTIVE phrases out of parenting:
- How many times do I have to tell him?
- She is driving me crazy!
- Why is he is doing this me?
East Band Alumni- Message from Mr. Miller and Mr. Strohmetz
Dear fellow East Raider Alumnus,
As an Alumni of Toms River High School East Marching Band, we invite you to perform on the field at Vincent J Dvorak field! On Friday, October 14, Mr. Douglass Miller and Mr. Brian Strohmetz, will be leading an alumni band made up of multiple generations of the Marching Raiders! Based on your preference, band alumni are welcome to play in the stands, and even perform after our field show alongside our current members, as well as our future members!
If needed, we will do our very best to provide you with an instrument so you can relive those glory days of marching with the Marching Raiders!
For more information on how to register for this truly memorable event, please click on this link: Here
Staff Shout Outs!
Mrs. Kayley Pagano was working with students to learn about the layers of the atmosphere this week. Students learned about availability of Oxygen at various altitudes, air pressure, and the medical and scientific challenges of surviving a climb to the summit of Mt. Everest!
Mrs. Klimack and her Forensics students completed research this week and created "Innocence Project" posters. Students learned about various evidence collecting techniques and forensic tests that are utilized when conducting investigations and presenting information for court cases.
Mrs. Fazzini and her AP Biology class had a "protein party." Students wore birthday hats and joined arms to simulate various amino acid responses. Thanks for inviting me to the "party."
1) The guidance counselors met with seniors during their Phys Ed classes and provided them with college information and an unofficial copy of their transcript. Seniors are also being asked to complete a senior questionnaire. The responses gathered will be used to present workshops to help guide students through their educational and career planning. Senior Conferences Slideshow
2) Ocean County College is hosting a Fall Fest & Open House on Wednesday, October 12th. Students will be able to meet with faculty and staff, enjoy refreshments and take a campus tour. Students can RSVP here if they’re interested.
3) The PSAT is on Tuesday, October 25, 2022 for 10th & 11th graders. No registration is required. English teachers distributed PSAT student guides to the students.
4) Financial Aid Night is on October 26, 2022 from 6:30pm-8:30pm in the HSE Student Center. Flyers will be mailed home to all seniors.
2022 Financial Aid Night - TR.pdf
5) College/University representatives are coming to HSE to conduct information sessions. Please sign up in Guidance. For a full list of the Colleges and Universities visiting our Guidance office please our College and Career website or click on the link: College Rep visits
School Violence Prevention Month
At High School East we are promoting the motto "Not in Our House." East should remain a safe place for students to learn and grown mentally, emotional and physically. Parents and community members have an active role in helping us keep our schools safe.
Read the article below if interested in finding out how you can help.
Parent Portal-Genesis Parent Night
Are you having trouble navigating Parent Portal or can't sign in? Come to the media center on October 20th (Change in Date) at 6pm. We will be giving a presentation in ENGLISH and SPANISH to help you!
Chat with the Principal
Thank you to the parents that attended the Google Meet chat this month. Save the date
( October 17th @ 9am) for the next Chat with the Principal: meet.google.com/toh-iuxw-bst
Thank you to MORANO TOURS for the monetary donation to our student fund! We appreciate you!
If your business is interested in making a donation please reach out! We can advertise you on our social media ( almost 3,000 followers on Instagram) : Eanders@trschools.com