Vegetable Garden Ministry
Weekly Newsletter 7/25/19
Saturday, July 27th, 7:30am
Saint Michael Vegetable Garden
stops by on his morning walk to water and harvest.
Remo & Weldon
discuss whether or not the musk melons should be allowed to invade the eggplant rows.
knows cantaloupe and how to tell when they are ripe.
Joe & Weldon
amid the prolific cucumbers. Three bushel baskets on Saturday!
on hands and knees weeding the asparagus patch.
Debbie & Phyllis
make their selections from Saturday's harvest.
tries to determine where one asparagus plants ends and the next begins.
adds to the mountain of weeds that have overflowed the trash can.
Chris's version of: Olive Garden Toscana Soup
Sooooooo yummy & a great way to use Kale! :)
2 3/4 cups chicken broth (I add a little extra organic chicken bouillon)
1/4 cup heavy cream
1-2 medium potatoes
2 CUPS KALE - chopped (can add more if you like)
1/2 pound spicy Italian sausage (I use hot sausage)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 can of white beans
1. Combine the broth and cream in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Do not boil.
The extra chicken bouillon makes it extra tasty.
2. Slice the unpeeled potato into 1/4 inch slices, then quarter the slices and add to soup.
3. Add the KALE
4. Saute the sausage...add to soup.
5. Add spices and let soup simmer for about 1/2 - 3/4 hour
THIS IS SO GOOD !
By Chris Delmolino
Need Urgent Assistance?
Contact the Vegetable Garden Ministry Leaders:
- Bill Collins 817-832-2448 OR
- Weldon Norman 817-360-1035