News from the Nest
September 13, 2019
The Week Ahead
Monday 9/16 (Day 1)
-- Home & School Welcome Back Social for Parents, 6:30-7:00 pm. Library.
-- Home & School Meeting, 7-8 pm. Library
-- DEADLINE to fill out Hands Across the District form (Link to Online Hands Form)
Tuesday 9/17 (Day 2)
-- Town Hall Meeting, 9:30 am
Wednesday 9/18 (Day 3)
Thursday 9/19 (Day 4)
Friday 9/20 (Day 1)
-- Fall Picture Day
-- Fall Spirit Wear Sale Deadline (Link to Spirit Wear Sale)
Home & School Meeting and Welcome Back Social
The meeting starts at 7 pm in the Library. We will be serving refreshments at our Welcome Back Social which begins at 6:30 that evening. Babysitting will be provided.
We hope you'll be able to join us!
HANDS ACROSS THE DISTRICT - VOLUNTEERING
Each year, Home & School provides a sign up that lists all of the known volunteer opportunities that will come up throughout the school year. Whatever you sign up for here simply puts you on the email list for more information. There are a lot of ways to become involved in your child's school experience!
Online Volunteer Form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Y7B9KRF
***IMPORTANT: Homeroom parent/holiday social volunteers are included (and will be ONLY) on this form***.
Deadline to complete is 9/16. Questions to Suzanne Kolesar: email@example.com.
Fall Picture Day
Spirit Wear Sale
Visit the online store: https://vernfieldspiritwearfall2019.itemorder.com/sale
Any questions, please contact Betsy Powlus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vernfield Printed Directory - Deadline 9/27
Vernfield Home & School Association publishes a PRINTED school directory for each new school year which includes class lists and student contact information. The directory will ONLY be distributed to those families who complete the form requesting inclusion.
Please complete the online form by FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2019. Only one form per family is required.
NOTE: YOU MUST SUBMIT A FORM even if you have been included in the Directory in past years! Simply enter your child's name and teacher and respond that there are no changes.
Shoe Drive Kick Off An Overwhelming Success!
There will be a collection box for donations in the lobby until the start of Thanksgiving break.
In Case You Missed It...
ALL VOLUNTEERS need to fill out the Registration and Disclosure Statement EACH YEAR. There are two categories of volunteers:
- Casual Volunteers (less than 10 hours per school year and works in the presence of a teacher/administrator with students).
- Program Volunteers (10 or more hours and may have unsupervised contact with students). This includes field trip chaperones.
Details regarding what forms must be filled out can be found on the SASD Volunteer website. NOTE: PPD skin test for tuberculosis can be done privately or through the school nurse by making an appointment on 10/14, 10/15, or 10/16. Please note, Program Volunteers are required to renew these clearances every 60 months. If you would like to check your clearance status or have any questions, please contact the Vernfield main office, 215-721-0606.
Easy Fundraising Reminders
- Collect and send in Box Tops from products
- Download the Box Tops app and scan receipts for additional Box Tops! (This will be eventually replacing all physical Box Tops)
- Register your ShopRite PricePlus card to earn even more Box Tops for VF: https://www.shopriteformyschool.com/en/Register-my-Card
- Set up your Giant Bonus Card to benefit Vernfield: https://giantfoodstores.com/, ID: 23581
- Buy Amazon products using Amazon Smile to benefit Vernfield: smile.amazon.com
- Sign up for Coca Cola Give https://us.coca-cola.com/give/schools/ then scan products and earn money for VF
Save the Date!
**Week of 9/23**
-- Spirit's Vernfield Safety Week
-- HSA Committee Chair Meeting, 7-7:30 pm. Library.
-- HSA Homeroom Parent/Coordinator Meeting, 7:30-8 pm. Library.
-- Deadline for sign up/inclusion in the Directory: online form
**Week of 9/30**
Monday 9/30 -- NO SCHOOL: Rosh Hashanah
Tuesday 10/1 -- KidStuff Book Sale Begins
SPANISH CLUB - will begin on Monday, October 7! Instructional Cost for the entire 24 week program (includes a snack and a drink that will be provided for each child every class):
- BEGINNER-(30 minute class) $200 /child or $180/child (for the 2 nd or more sibling)
- ADVANCED-(45 minute class) $225/child or $205/child ( for the 2 nd or more sibling)
2019 FALL SACE EVENING CLASSES - Registration is open for the Fall semester. More than 100 classes, trips and activities for all ages. Join us and bring a friend to try something new this Fall!
BROCHURE | REGISTER