Published December 1st
Faculty Circle on Monday at 2:45. We will be talking about our plan to blend tutorial and gradual implementation of our writing plan over the course of the next few months.
Tutorial Plans for December
This will make more sense after Faculty Circle. Don't panic.
December 9-13 (Implementing Decoding the Prompt)
10: Core 1
11: Core 2
12: Core 3
13: Core 4
December 16-20: Normal tutorial
There will be no ELA/Math/Science/SS PLCs this month.
Upcoming Planning Meetings (1, 2, 5, and 7)
December 3: Decoding the Prompt PD
December 5: Decoding the Prompt PD
December 11: Behavior PLC--Tier 1 Info
December 13: Decoding the Prompt Check In/Data Day
December 18: Behavior PLC--Tier 1 Info
December 19: Unit/Proficiency Scale Planning Session with Stacie
January 7: Advanced Decoding the Prompt PD
January 9: Advanced Decoding the Prompt PD
January 14: ELA and SS ATM Meetings
January 15: Behavior PLC
January 16: Math and Science ATM Meetings
January 21: Advanced Decoding the Prompt Check in Day
January 23: Unit/Proficiency Scale Planning Session with Stacie
January 28: Unit/Proficiency Scale Planning Session with Stacie
January 30: Unit/Proficiency Scale Planning Session with Stacie
February 4: Constructed Response Formula Check in Day
February 6: Constructed Response Formula PD
February 12: Behavior PLC
February 18: Constructed Response Formula PD
February 20: Unit/Proficiency Scale Planning Session with Stacie
February 25: Unit/Proficiency Scale Planning Session with Stacie
February 27: Unit/Proficiency Scale Planning Session with Stacie
Friday Sped/Gen Ed Lesson Previews
Locations: 8th grade in Maley's room, 7th grade in McDonald's room, 6th grade in Stamper's room.
Purpose: Allow sped teachers to see the week in advance and pre-plan for accommodations and modifications
Length: 30 minutes
- Each core has 5 minutes to preview lessons and activities for the upcoming week. This means you do need your lessons for the upcoming week planned prior to this meeting.
- Sped teacher will update the unit plan with notes indicating ideas for accommodations, need to pull kids for remediation, etc.
- Final 10 minutes for collaboration/discussion about modifications and accommodations.
If you notice above, your weekly planning meetings are being scaled back to 2 a week to accommodate for this new practice.
Vertical Team PLCs Goals
- Monthly, bring and analyze student work that shows evidence of writing that matches the unit expectations. Calibrate thinking on what constitutes a 1, 2, and 3.
- Create a school writing plan focusing on one component of the plan each month. Begin with the school writing policy.
- Complete CUBES word problems 4 times per week and complete 1 written writing prompt per unit explaining how to correctly solve a math problem with appropriate vocabulary.
- At least weekly, use CASE question bank to administer checks to maintain rigor of priority standards/calibrate.
- Implementation of 3D instruction as evidenced in lesson plans.
- Collaboratively write summative assessments that measure mastery of disciplinary core ideas through the practices and cross-cutting concepts.
- Monthly, bring and analyze student work that shows evidence of inquiry practices. Calibrate thinking on what constitutes a 1, 2, and 3. (QFT, DBQ, extended response, because, but, so).
- Discussion of the CASE data analysis.
- Eye-opening to look at writing for another grade.
- Discussion about science collaborating with the math teachers to emphasize the math for the unit that's also used in science.
- Need to practice timed writing. Kids are not handling timed writings well.
- Need to practice giving kids a set amount of space to put their answer in.
- Work skills report--will do like we did last year though Google Form.
- Behavior adjustments to make: Full school reward, visiting classrooms to unveil new BF, adjusting points
- Teams need to identify what they would like the PTSO to purchase for them this year
- ipads and doc cameras are ordered for those who requested them
- Based on CASE data, going to begin giving kids CASE questions to dissect and answer weekly and score together.
- Also looking for other ways to up the rigor into the DOK 2 and 3 levels.