Freedom Park Newsletter
Weekly COVID-19 Update
The Richmond County School System works daily to ensure the health and well-being of our students and staff by developing, implementing, and delivering school health services throughout the year. Occasionally, extraordinary efforts are required to meet particular challenges, such as the recent concerns about coronavirus (COVID-19).
We are currently following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Georgia Department of Public Health (GDPH), the Georgia Department of Education and other local, state, and federal agencies. The following page has been established to provide resources and communications from the system to our community.
Sign Up for Infinite Campus
Did you forget your activation code? https://campus.rcss-k12.org/campus/K12_Custom/cParent/index.jsp?appName=richmond
Need Help With Homework?
All Richmond County Students have access to FREE tutoring 24/7!
FEV Tutor provides engaging, 1-to-1 virtual tutoring services that are driven by data and personalized for each student. The result is a live service designed to truly drive student achievement gains. Please visit https://www.rcboe.org/Page/60670
Interested in School Council?
Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder - ADHD
Please Keep Sick Students Home
- Fever greater than 100.4
- Sore throat
- New cough or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
Arrival and Dismissal Tips
Constantly calling rooms for dismissal so that individuals can “beat the lines” interrupts the last minutes of instruction and confuses our students. It is also hard for students to hear all calls due to the movement in the building. We will not call students for dismissal after 1:45pm.
Checking students out early results is a tardy even if it is a few minutes before dismissal. Three tardies result in an absents. The school day ends at 2:30 pm. Please help us to keep a great attendance record.
Hassle Free Dismissal Tips
The following are tips to make your dismissal experience pleasant.
Dismissal by Surname. Please use the last name of your oldest student.
- If your last name begins with A-M please arrive at 2:15 for the car line and wait patiently in your car.
- If your last name begins with N-Z please arrive at 2:30. The lines will be much shorter and you will have less time to wait in your car.
- Talk with your student about moving quickly to the carline when they are called for dismissal. While we understand the need for goodbyes and last minute conversations, it is not conducive to an efficient dismissal.
There are no parent walkups or pickups from the front office to walk home with your students. This is in an effort to keep our staff and students safe in this COVID season. #keepemsafe
Communication @ Freedom Park
- Weekly newsletter
- School website: www.rcboe.org/freedompark
- Robocalls/ Robotext
- School Dojo
- Class Dojo (please contact your teacher)
- Remind (please contact your teacher)
- Social Media Pages