2015 Year in Review
Sports and Entertainment Marketing Period 6, By Roland Haka
Three Companies that marketed themselves the best
1. DraftKings and FanDuel spent millions marketing their websites on television and online. You couldn't escape them, they were everywhere. Because of this the fantasy football industry has increased tremendously.
2. Wow. What a year it's been for Apple. The variety of new products they came out with got people talking, and if people are talking, they're probably buying. The 12in MacBook, the IPad Pro, Apple Pay, Apple Music, Beats 1, and the Apple Watch were just some of the products Apple marketed.
3. Under Armour. While Nike is the leader in the sports marketing world, Under Armour had a huge year surpassing Adidas with their endorsements. Some athlete endorsements include Stephen Curry, Tom Brady, Jordan Spieth, Misty Copeland, Clayton Kershaw, Lindsey Vonn, Cam Newton, Buster Posey, Kelly O'Hara, and Michael Phelps. The 2016 battle between Nike and Under Armour will definitely be intriguing.
Best Products of 2015
Worst Products of 2015
1. Star Wars: The Force Awakens was the most successful and the most marketed movie of 2015. They shipped out toys just in time for the holidays and had a lot of social media presence. In just 18 days it made 1.528 Billion Dollars.
2. Jurassic World was the 2nd most popular film of the year. They advertised it online and on television significantly.
Top Music artists of 2015
1. The Weeknd had a huge year. The dark, underground, Canadian R&B singer skyrocketed into the mainstream in 2015. His album "Beauty Behind The Madness" went number 1 for 3 straight weeks. The album had massive hit songs like, "Often", "Can't Feel My Face", "The Hills", "Earned it", and "In The Night". The release of these singles led to the sales of the album.
2. Kendrick Lamar was the most critically acclaimed artist of the year. His album "To Pimp A Butterfly was the most highest rated album of the year. Critics have praised the social messages in the album and how it is so important for the times that we are living in. The albums hit singles include "Alright", "I", "The Blacker The Berry", "King Kunta" and "These Walls". The release of these singles led to the sales of the album.
50 Best Songs of 2015 from Rolling Stone Magazine
5. Jamie xx feat. Young Thug, Popcaan, "I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)"
4. Courtney Barnett, "Pedestrian at Best"
3. Drake, "Hotline Bling"
2. Fetty Wap, "Trap Queen"
1. The Weeknd, "Can't Feel My Face"
New Years Resolutions
1. Be less stressful and worried.
2. Spend more time with friends and family.
3. Get good grades for college.