March 2, 2020
PLSD Plan for Progress
Red Cross Blood Drive
There are two easy ways to schedule your appointment.
1. Go to redcrosssblood.org and use sponsor code: Tollgate
2. Visit the App StoreSM or Google PlayTM store, or text BLOODAPP to 90999.
Additional information is included in the attached flyer.
Thank you for your support!
Fight Flu First to Prevent Coronavirus
February 29, 2020
As more information is released from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) about the Coronavirus and its potential impact on our school community, we want you to be aware that we are staying up-to-date on the latest information and we’re reviewing all of our public safety plans. Prevention of the spread of disease in our school community is an initiative we work on daily in all of our Pickerington Schools. We need the help of our students, families and staff to continue in this effort.
We know an outbreak in our region could impact schools, so we are preparing for many what-if scenarios to minimize disruption while keeping students and staff safe. In the meantime, our school nurses are educated on the signs and symptoms of the coronavirus—many of which are similar to the flu. We encourage you to visit the CDC website to learn more about prevention and treatment.
Just as with other illnesses, we are asking you to do your part to help prevent the spread of disease. The CDC recommends these everyday preventive steps:
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
· Stay home when you are sick. This is worth repeating…PLEASE stay home when you’re sick.
· Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.We are committed to the health and safety of our community and we will continue to closely monitor the situation and provide updates as necessary.
Spelling Bee Regional
March 5 K-12 PM Parent/Teacher Conferences
March 10 K-12 PM Parent/Teacher Conferences
March 11 2-hr Late start - Professional Development
March 12 6th graders field trip to Heartland Outdoor School
March 18 PTO meeting - 7:00 pm
March 23 - 27 Spring Break