A WORD TO THE WISE...
*13 days and counting..lots to do before we rest~~~
*BECKY IS BACK!!!!! Drop by and welcome her back to work!! YEAH!!!!
*STAAR Math is Tuesday and STAAR Reading is Wednesday. Please note these dates have been shifted due to flood day on Friday.
*K-2 on STAAR testing days, please remind your students to use the restrooms on the K/1 side of the building. The others will be reserved for testing students.
* Second specials will be 8:30 and first will be at 9:30. Computers will report to the cafeteria during these two specials. Third will have lunch at 12:25 or as soon as testing is complete and then go to specials at 1:00. Fourth will have lunch 12:50 or thereabouts and then have specials at 2:00.
* RESCHEDULED TO THIS FRIDAY!!! MUFFINS WITH MOM - Friday will be Muffins with Mom. Students will be sent directly to class upon arrival so please be prepared for them.
* SOURCE COMMITTEE - will be meeting on Wednesday. Please let your team member know if you have any concerns.
* CLOSED CAMPUS - Please help us remind parents that we will be a closed campus on May 14, 15 & 16 for STAAR Testing. Parents will not be allowed to have lunch during those days. Wording - we ask that parents refrain from coming to lunch on these three days to offer our testing students optimal testing opportunities.
*SECOND GRADE MATH BENCHMARK - is Thursday.
*SAMANTHA BABY SHOWER - Reminder that there is a come and go baby shower for Baby girl Hier on Thursday after school. Drop by the library after school and wish Samantha well.
*MOVING BOXES - We will be ordering moving boxes soon. Please do not start packing until the last week unless you are moving the boxes out of your room and home. We don't want to give the students the appearance that school is out!
*FACULTY MEETING NEXT MONDAY - Watch for more information coming.
* OUTDOOR CLASSROOM - I am in need of a group of interested folks to work on putting together fundraisers to help us reach our goal to build an outdoor classroom in memory of Mr. Wardrup. If you are willing to work hard and serve on this extra committee, please email me.
* STAAR TALKS - Please take time Monday to visit with your 2 classes assigned to each grade level and encourage them to do their best on STAAR. We really need to help them understand the importance and stay focused.
* RECESS - We need to be diligently monitoring recess from now till the end of the year. We are already seeing an increase in physical behaviors where students are getting hurt by each other. Make sure you have at least 4 teachers outside and that you each take a duty station to monitor.
* GUIDED READING LIBRARY - STAAR has arrived so the bookroom is now open only when Rachel, Kara or myself are in there. If you need in for books, please do not hesitate to find us!
SEEDS FOR GROWTH:
*THIRD AND FOURTH GRADE TEACHERS, JEFF AND KATHIE - for getting all our students STAAR reading!
Goals for 18-19
2. Starting in January, teachers will focus on aligning two anchor stations with current learning in the classroom.
3. By the end of the school year, reading and writing teachers will be trained in the conferring process and create their own documentation of conferences.
14 - STAAR Math
15 - STAAR Reading
15 - Chanda Hernandez's birthday
15 - SOURCE meeting
16 - Second grade math benchmark
19 - Jeff Dye's brthday
20 - Faculty Meeting
21 - Fourth grade to War Eagle Challenge
22 - Principals' Meeting/5th grade math placement test
24 - Fun Day
26 - Erin Ryan's birthday
27 - Memorial Day Holiday/Jeanie Wyatt's birthday
28 - Kinder Graduation/ORHS graduation
29 - Fourth grade graduation
30 - Last day of school/early dismissal