Weekly News & Notes - February 18th - 22nd
Upcoming Events . . .
- Home & School Association K-3 Dance - Titus Dining Room 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- President's Day - No School
February 19th - 22nd:
- Read Across Titus Book Collection
- 6th grade strings concert - Tamanend Cafeteria @ 7:00 PM
- Includes: Titus, Barclay Buckingham, Jamison, Tamanend & CB South students
- Home & School Association Bingo Night - Titus Dining Room @ 7:00 PM
February 25th - March 4th:
- Sixth-grade Assessment
- Ms. Gieseler - Feb. 25th - Feb 27
- Mrs. VanVreede - Feb. 26th - Feb. 28th
- Mrs. Meehan - Feb. 27th - March 1st
- Mrs. Williamson - Feb. 28th - March 4th
February 25th - April 15th:
- Young Rembrandts Drawing Classes - Registration required
- Spotlight on the Arts:
- 1st grade 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM
- 2nd grade 7:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- Read Across Titus Book Swap/Exchange
- 6th grade Parent Orientation at Tamanend MS @ 7:00 PM
Heart Healthy . . .
In a project spearheaded by the Titus Wellness Committee, all students were asked to celebrate their own "heart-healthy" food choices. During this time of heart-filled smiles, laughs and thoughts we felt it was appropriate to remind students of the importance of healthy choices and the impact they have on their body. . . including their heart! As you enter the building please take a moment to look at our display in the rotunda, and encourage your children and families to continue making healthy choices for a healthy heart!
Special thanks to all of the students who contributed to the display and the efforts of Mrs. Glasgow, Mrs. Campolongo, Mrs. Aldrich, Mrs. Wendell-Wesolowich & Mrs. Robbins in putting it all together.
Winter Enrichment - A HUGE Success . . .
As we begin to wind down February, I want to thank the Titus Home & School Association and all of the Titus teachers, staff and community members for a wonderful “Winter Enrichment” program. Titus students had the opportunity to experience many different activities and make a few new friends along the way. Activities included ceramics, crochet, Irish dancing, Lego building, and yoga just to name a few, and the majority of the classes were taught by Titus staff and parents. I am proud that we are able to offer so many wonderful experiences for our students. Thanks everyone for your commitment to our children!
Used Books Needed . . .
Titus Reading Specialists and teachers throughout the building are planning for the annual celebration of reading known as "Read Across America Day." This year Titus will be celebrating the day on Friday, March 1st. In conjunction with Read Across America Day, we will be hosting a book swap/exchange. Our goal is for students to have an opportunity to replace their gently used books with newer titles for a small donation - $1.00. We are still in need of used books. Any books donated, can be placed in the appropriate boxes in the rotunda throughout the week of February 19th.
News From the Kitchen . . .
Nominations Needed . . .
February Asset #22:
- School Engagement. Young person is actively engaged in educational activities inside and /or outside of school. They take learning a step further and by their actions and enthusiasm serve as a role model to others.
- Nominate a student who exemplifies this month’s asset of school engagement. Include a paragraph explaining why you are nominating the student, and email your nominations to Mrs. Horan - firstname.lastname@example.org
Home & School Association:
Bingo Night . . .
Home and School is excited to announce that Family Bingo Night has had the largest response ever!! By Monday, we reached our maximum amount of attendees. Please watch for your tickets in the Feb 20th Wednesday folder. Tickets are required for the event & doors will open at 6:30. We will be returning back the forms to those who will not be able to attend this year. We apologize to all families that weren't not able to secure a spot for this year.
Based on the overwhelming response, Home and School will be working with Mr. Cashman to see how we can meet the impressive numbers of families interested in participating in this event. Please mark your calendars for our next exciting event - the Father/Daughter Dance which be held on April 12th at 7:00pm.
Box Tops . . .
- There must be a lot of ice cream lovers at Titus!
January's total - 8,220 Box Tops, with Mrs. Sherr's class leading the way for the month!!!
Our YTD total to 29,156!!!!!
Top three classrooms are as follows:
- 1st place: Ms. Gieseler - 6th grade
- 2nd place: Ms. Braksator - 4th grade
- 3rd place: Ms. Anderson - 4th grade
If you really want to help out your child's classroom . . . Shop online for items at hundreds of your favorite stores by logging onto the Box Tops marketplace and your child's class will earn Box Tops for all of your purchases.