Mosaica Online Happenings
October 28- November 1 2013
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- Thursday, November 7th: K-5 Advisement @ 10am EASTERN
- Friday, November 8th: 6-12 Advisement @ 2:30pm EASTERN
- Monday, November 11th: Veterans Day Holiday
- Tuesday, November 19th: Online Paragon Night
- Wednesday, November 20th: Enrichment Day
- Wednesday, November 27 - Friday, November 29th: Thanksgiving Break
- **Beginning August 28th, all adjunct teachers must submit invoices to Brenda McCullers on the 14th and 28th of the month**
END OF THE GRADING PERIOD IS APPROACHING!!!!!
Deadlines for the week of October 28 - November 1:
o Monday, October 28: All grades entered in PS by 12 noon EASTERN (remember this is only for Charter locations & Prep!)
o Monday, October 28th: Beginning anytime after 12 noon EASTERN, Heads of School will pull individual roster verification reports and email these to teachers by the end of the school day.
o Monday, October 28- Wednesday, October 30: Q2 PERFORMANCE SERIES BENCHMARKS – ALL
o Wednesday, October 30: All grades must be fully verified and all corrections made in PowerSchool. Teachers must email the appropriate Head of School that grades are fully complete and correct.
o Friday, November 1: Data loaded into Alpine for PSAPs by the end of the day
o All grades entered into PowerSchool NO LATER THAN 12 NOON EASTERN on Monday. (Grades in PS and in the learning environment must match EXACTLY. Round all grades as follows: 0.49 and below rounds down; 0.50 and above rounds up)
oVerify that all grades are correct when you receive the verification report(s) from the appropriate Heads of School no later than Wednesday.
o Continue scheduling PSAP conferences
oFollow up with any students who have incomplete benchmark testing
Staff Spotlight - Patti Thomas
My family and I recently relocated to Evans, Georgia. My husband Gary is a Supervisor at Plant Vogtle Nuclear Facility. We are a true blended family. My son is almost 16 (yikes!) and in 10th Grade. My daughter is 11 and in 6th Grade. I also have 2 step-daughters and sons-in-law and 4 step-grandchildren!
I have been teaching for 20 years. I have taught Kdg. – 6th Grade. I am certified to teach K-5, Reading K-12, and Special Education (Interrelated) K-12. I have a Master’s Degree in Early Reading and Literacy. My last 5 years in public school were spent primarily working with autistic children and was extremely gratifying for me.
My family and I enjoy traveling. I love to cook, and collect unique recipes. I plan to publish my own cookbook one day.
I love working at Mosaica because it encourages students and teachers to be creative. The expectations are rigorous, yet realistic. And it doesn’t hurt that the people of Mosaica are so supportive and caring!
Thank you Patti for joining our team!
*Please keep Elaine Gaughf-Smith in your thoughts and celebrate with her - she is almost done with her cancer treatment!!!!!!
*As always, please keep Barbara Noel-Williams in your thoughts- she is a WARRIOR in her fight against cancer!!!!
Let me know of any concerns or celebrations within our Mosaica Online family!
Mosaica Online Enrichment Days
Stay tuned for details!
Art Club:Art club has been exploring creative drawing in the month of October. High school art club member Kayli Savage designed this creative and creepy masterpiece, with a Halloween theme in mind! Stay tuned to Art Club as we have two photo competitions coming up. Winning photos from elementary, middle, and high school Art Clubs will be posted here for your enjoyment!
TEACHER TIP OF THE WEEK!
Teachers, please make sure that you have contacted the parents of all students who failed your course at the end of GP1. Document your communication and all efforts in the seating.
· Today is the first day of "regular instruction" for GP2. Please make sure that your course is completely set up and ready to go. You should not only have content in place, but you should also have the following in your class: an updated Teacher Information widget, a News item for the students to read, dropboxes, a gradebook set up with the same percentages as your syllabus, and a Checklist that is at least two weeks ahead of the students. If your class is missing any of these items, please have them ready before Monday morning.
· GP1 grades are due in PowerSchool no later than noon on Monday, Oct. 28th. Please do not forget to get your grades in on time.
· Monday and Tuesday (Oct. 28 & 29) are Benchmark days for grades K-10. Only Paragon classes are allowed to assign content on these days. The make-up Benchmark day is Wed, Oct. 30th. You may assign work on Wednesday.
Non Charter Mosaica Online Locations:
New for Muskegon Heights - Send all facilitator information to Carla Turner-Laws, the head of school.
Carla Turner-Laws <CLaws@mhtigers.org>
American School Foundations
November 18 - Mexican Revolution Day
November 25 - 29 - Fall Break
December 23 - January 6 - Winter Holiday
American School of Puerto Vallarta
November 28 - Early Release Day
November 29 - Thanksgiving break
December 19 - January 6 - Winter Break
Arts & Technology Academy of Pontiac
November 27th - 29th - Thanksgiving Break
December 13th - Early Release
December 23rd - January 3rd - Holiday Break
Foundation Academy of Mansfield
October 25 - Prof. Dev. Day
November 27 - 29 - Thanksgiving Holidays
December 23 - January 5 - Winter Vacation
Mosaica International School of Hyderabad
November 3 - Diwali
November 5-7 - Benchmark Testing
November 11 - Veterans Day
November 28 - Thanksgiving Day
December 23 - January 4 - Winter Holiday
Muskegon Heights High School
October 28 - November 1 - Fall Break
November 28 - 29 - Thanksgiving Vacation
December 21 - January 5 - Winter Vacation
Online Paragon Nights!