MRS. REDFERN'S CLASSROOM NEWS
Peek of the Week
Weekly Skills: Students will build strong phonemic awareness through daily word game activities, making personal connections to the story, understand character traits and new vocabulary, retelling the sequence of the story and writing an opinion piece.
Popcorn Words: 4th Quarter HFW I will be sending home flashcards of popcorn words (High Frequency Words) which your child has not mastered from previous quarters.
Math: Students are working on counting to 100 by 1's and 10's. Students will write and count objects up to 20. We will continue to work with building fluency in our addition (putting together) and subtraction (taking apart) for the rest of the year.
Help at Home
- Please remember to read with your child every night and return their reading folders to get new books.
- Majority of the students have mastered their letters and sounds. If you receive flashcards, please work with your child at home. It is imperative for him/her to mastery of letters and sounds to be successful in ongoing skills for the remaining of Kindergarten.
- Practice stretching and listening to sounds in words. Example: cat - /c/ /a/ /t/ - students begin hearing the beginning sound /c/, move on to hearing beginning and ending sounds /c/ /t/, and finally hear all 3 sounds /c/ /a/ /t/.
- Practice 2Q Popcorn List and 3Q Popcorn List
- Counting to 100 by 1's and 10's.
- Writing numbers to 20 (or 100).
- Recognizing shapes in our environment.
Reminder: Remember to send to school Friday folders before Friday.
Tuesday - Music
Wednesday - P.E.
Thursday - Art
Friday - Music
Dates to Remember
4/19- Open Books -4:30-5:304/20- Culver's Night 5pm-7pm
4/22- Papa Murphy's Night
Monday - Marcus
Tuesday - Jadon
Wednesday - Sadie
Thursday - Dominic
Friday - Jazmyn
Have a great week! Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Mrs. Redfern and Ms. Feathers :)