Lincoln Middle School
September 11, 2020
Despite the fact that we are amidst this worldwide COVID-19 pandemic, I simply can not get through today's date without remembering and mentioning the life-changing event that happened in the United States nearly two decades ago. We now find ourselves, again, living through another life-changing event in our history. It is important to set aside a few moments to remember the bravery of then and the bravery of now. It is our compassion for one another and the promise of a better tomorrow that helps communities through difficult times. Thank you for your continued support, patience, and understanding as we move forward into the school year and better tomorrows.
THE LINCOLN PTO!
The Lincoln PTO
holds its first meeting of the school year next week!
Consider being a part of the PTO!
Interested in helping out?
Please contact Mr. Sherrill via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
FROM YOUR SCHOOL NURSE, MRS. SMITH
The Illinois State Board of Education and Illinois Department of Public Health have not changed health requirements for the 2020/2021 school year. Therefore, all incoming 6th grade and new students must submit a completed school physical and immunization record to the health office prior to October 15th. Dental forms are also required but the deadline is not before October 15. Physical exams after August 24, 2019 and dental examinations done after 11/15/19 fulfill the requirement.
Once In-Person learning resumes, if the required paperwork has not been received, your child will be excluded from school. This paperwork can either be emailed to the school nurse (email@example.com) or dropped off at Lincoln Middle School (collection bin located in the foyer/front of building from 7am-3pm) or faxed to (847) 394-7358.
Please make sure to complete the health history section at the top of the form, sign and date--this section is completed by parent.
LUNCH REMINDERS FROM QUEST
Starting Tuesday September 8 the entire district will have the capability to order lunch and a la carte items off of a new ordering platform.
• Please create an account with My Meal Order. Instructions are linked below. This will allow you to select the daily meals and/or a la carte options.
• Meal orders must be submitted by Thursday at midnight for the next week.
• You will be required to create an account and transactions will happen at the point of order.
• It is highly recommended that the “low balance” notification is set up for your My Meal order account to ensure continuous food service. Insufficient funds will result in delayed ordering and may result in your order for the next week not being processed.
• First orders will be due September 8 at midnight for meal distribution on Tuesday, September 15 and Thursday, September 17.
Meal Distribution will take place at Lincoln Middle School in D57 from 11:10am - 12:50pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays each week.
• Orders for Tuesdays will be picked up Tuesday at Lincoln Middle School.
• Orders for Thursday will be picked up Thursday at Lincoln Middle School.
• Meals will be labeled with the student’s name and ID number.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to Quest’s District Manager, Anthony Ferrazzuolo, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Food Service Director at District 57, Donna Niesen at Donna.Niesen@questfms.com.