With One Voice
News & Notes from St. Francis of Assisi School
"That together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." ~ Romans 15:6
“But now, thus says the LORD, who created you, Jacob, and formed you, Israel: Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name: you are mine. When you pass through waters, I will be with you; through rivers, you shall not be swept away. When you walk through fire, you shall not be burned, nor will flames consume you. For I, the LORD, am your God, the Holy One of Israel, your savior.” ~ Isaiah 43:1-3a
Mobile viewed best in your browser.
November 26, 2019 - HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Prayer partners enjoyed a Thanksgiving activity about gratitude!
Over 30 vendors and a huge crowd enjoyed the 3rd Annual Mass of Creation makers' mart!
Preschool families enjoyed a potluck breakfast last week!
WOV AUDIO EDITION - Click below to listen!
WOV 11 - 26 - 19 by John D'Adamo
Read to the bottom for SFA Trivia! First student to answer correctly gets a prize!
- 11/27-29 - SCHOOL CLOSED for Thanksgiving
- 12/2 - Classes Resume
- 12/3 - SCHOOL CLOSED due to BGE Power Outage
- 12/5-6 - Noon Dismissal; Parent-Teacher Conferences 12-6 PM
- 12/10 - PreK-5th Christmas Concert 7 PM
The latest calendar updates can always be found at https://sfa-school.org/calendar
From the Office...
- Financial Aid Applications are being accepted for the 2020-21 school year at THIS LINK. The deadline for submission is February 28, 2020 and the Archdiocese will not consider any application submitted after the deadline in the first round of awards.
- Don't forget that our Inclement Weather Policy states we follow Baltimore City OR Baltimore County Public Schools -- whichever one has the more severe call! (Ex: City is 2 hours late and County closes, then SFA is closed.)
- Parent Conferences are December 5-6 and CLICK HERE to sign up!
- SURVEY - Thank to all parents who completed the accreditation survey on school culture and climate. If you have not done so, please click THIS LINK!
SCHOOL CLOSED 12/3
We were notified recently by BGE that there is a planned outage is being held at our location on Tuesday December 3rd. We will be without electrical power and heat on that date.
Consequently, SFA will be CLOSED on Tuesday December 3rd. In order to maintain our required number of days set by the Archdiocese, it will be necessary for us to now be OPEN on Friday May 1st. We are very sorry for the inconvenience and change in schedule, but this was obviously beyond our control. Thank you for your understanding as we adjust to unexpected circumstances!
Pro Tip: Click the name of the school on the left side to see products! A percentage of every purchase goes directly to support SFA! More items to come! Get your SOAR Swag!
Now with new winter items for your Christmas shopping!
IB Learner Profile Trait of the Month - PRINCIPLED
- “We act with integrity and honesty, with a strong sense of fairness and justice, and with respect for the dignity and rights of people everywhere. We take responsibility for our actions and their consequences.” (IBO.org)
- This month the eighth grade is studying literature related to social justice. Jackie King is instructing our students weekly on social justice issues.Students throughout the school just collected items for the House of Ruth, and we are beginning our canned food drive to pack eighty Christmas baskets for the needy. In a word, our school lets our spirit SOAR!
Basic PowerSchool Access - You need the letter with credentials for your specific student!
- During this Thanksgiving holiday, we express gratitude for our many blessings!
- For +Anthony Hill, father of teacher Christina Hill.
- For victims of violence in our city, our nation, and our world.
- For the victims and survivors of cancer, as well as those who continue to fight!
Prayer requests may always be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.