Is texting and driving ok?
are you safe?
What side are you on?
Did you know reading an email or text while driving is considered texting and driving Some People think it is okay to text and drive, because we have them with us all the time so they aren't that big of a destraction Although the people that think it is okay is risking many peoples life including there's because it is a big distraction and causes many accidents.
How many accidents are caused by text and driving?
- 28% of accidents are caused by using a cellphone while driving
- 40% of all Americans said the use a phone while driving in away that dangers people
- you are 23% more likely to get an accident if you use a phone while driving
AT&T Don't Text While Driving Documentary
Are people on their phones too much?
- 18% of injury crashes in 2010 were reported as distraction-affected crashes.
- 11% of all drivers under the age of 20 involved in fatal crashes were reported as distracted at the time of the crash. This age group has the largest proportion of drivers who were distracted.
- In the month of June 2011, more than 196 billion text messages were sent or received in the US, up nearly 50% from June 2009.(CTIA)
Can you wait or will you break the law?
- A survey found that 1 in 5 drivers are texting while driving. That number rises to one in three for people of the age 18-34.
- 80% of people still text and drive if its already ban.
- 10% of people say that they been nearly hit or hit by someone driving while on there phone.