Eating a Healthy Snack
Random Acts of Kindness
What We've Learned This Week
The students defined the word “ honest” after listening to a passage about George Washington’s cherry tree.
They wrote a list of healthy and unhealthy food they eat on their writing journal.
3.Parts of a letter
- We reviewed the letter parts
- The students began writing a letter to a pen pal about what they learned so far from our nutrition project.
A group of students read books together with the assistance of the teacher.
- The students listened to George Washington & George Washington’s Cherry Tree passages being read.
- The students scanned the passage for sight words and assigned key words such as “ George Washington”, “ honest”, Presidents ‘ day”, “birthday” and “national”.
- They answered a few comprehension question about the reading.
1. 2D & 3D Shapes
- We reviewed 2D & 3D shapes’ names, number of faces and number of the angles o the shape.
- The students made 3D shapes using paper and using sticks & marshmallows.
2. Telling Time
- We reviewed telling time (digital & dialog) every half an hour
- The students were introduced to minutes and that they need to skip count by 5s every 5 minutes to tell the time every 5 minutes.
3. Subtraction Word Problems
- They learned how translate a word problem from words to pictures and equations.
- They completed word problems together in groups.
- They listened to a passage read about George Washington
- They learned about the origin of presidents’, George Washington’s birthday, and who changed Presidents’ Day date from the 22nd to the 15th.
1. Food groups
- They identified under which group is their snack and lunch
- They cut and sorted pictures of food and glued into the correct food group.
2. The Digestive System
- We discussed where does the food go we eat it.
- They listened to a book called Where Does Food Go After We Eat It?
- They learned about the digestive system and the organs in it (esophagus, intestines, stomach..etc)
Writing & Handwriting Skills
They practiced writing their spelling words in their journal using 3 activities from the spelling activity sheet (writing words 3 times, rainbow words, and circling consonants in each word.
Reading Buddies Time
Pictures with Flat Stanley
Questions to Ask Your Child
- What does “honest” mean?
- What are the parts of friendly letter?
- Give examples of 2D & 3D shapes?
- How many faces do cubes and rectangular prisms have?
- Where the food go after you eat?
- Give examples of healthy and unhealthy food?
- Who was George Washington?
- When was his birthday?
- Who changed Presidents’ day date from the 22nd to the 15th?
100th Day of School
- PTO Pizza/ Casual Day
- We are going on a field trip to watch a Charlotte’s Web Play in Hylton Performing Arts Center on March 3rd
- Please sign and return the permission slip in your child’s homework folder by Monday.
- Please bring one container of Clorox or Lysol Disinfecting wipes.