Day Two: Quill, Country Joe McDonald, John B. Sebastian, Keef Harley Band, Santana, Incredible String Band, Canned Heat, Grateful Dead, Leslie West & Mountains, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Janis Joplin, Slu & The Family Stone, The Whom Jefferson Airplane
Day Three: Joe Cocker, Country Joe & The Fish, Ten Years After, Johnny Winter, Blood Sweat And Tears, Crosby, Still, Nash & Young
Day Four: Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Sha Na Na, Jimi Hendrix
- The Jeff Beck Group, featuring Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood, were booked to play, but they split acrimoniously on the eve of their Woodstock appearance.
- John Lennon told organisers he had wanted to be a part of Woodstock, but he was in Canada and the U.S. government had refused him an entry visa.
- Two people died at Woodstock - one man from a heroin overdose and a teenager in a sleeping bag who was killed when a tractor ran over him. The driver was never traced.
In 2004, Coachella had their first sold-out weekend. A reputation was made and the festival became a must-attend for music fans.
- There was no festival in 2000 due to financial problems from the first.
- In 2001, Coachella was a one day event and was pushed to April due to the heat experienced in 1999.
- Gained worldwide recognition in 2003
- Coachella was originally a two-day festival but was extended to three days in 2007.