QSI Skopje: The Scoop
October 22, 2021
Mark Your Calendars
- 20th-30th: Warm Clothing Donations for Afghan Refugees
- 29th: Community Time - Kindness and Politeness SO (see times below)
- 30th: Fall Festival 3:00-6:00
- 5th: MUN Virtual Conference
- 16th: Community Chat
- 18th-19th: Staff Professional Development - NO SCHOOL for Students
- 25th-26th: NO SCHOOL - November Holiday
Dear QSI Skopje Community,
We were excited to welcome back all students for another great week of teaching and learning! I hope everyone enjoyed Fall Break last week and had the chance to rest, relax, and recharge.
Parent-teacher conferences were held yesterday and today. This opportunity provided time for you to meet with teachers and learn more about your child's progress and ways to continue supporting them.
Good two-way communication between families and schools is necessary for your child's success. Not surprisingly, research shows that the more parents and teachers share relevant information with each other about a student, the better equipped both will be to help that student achieve academically. Please do not hesitate to contact teachers throughout the year to continue building strong two-way communication between home and school.
Our annual Fall Festival will be held on Saturday, October 30th from 3:00-6:00. Please see the Fall Festival section below to learn more about some of the scheduled events. We need parent support, so please consider signing up for a 45-minute volunteer slot.
Thank you for your continued support! We hope to see many of you at the Fall Festival.
Fall Festival Volunteers Needed
We are really excited for parents to get involved in the Fall Festival and we need all your help to make this a success. We have divided the volunteer positions into classes so that parents can get to know the other parents in their child's classes a bit better. We hope as many parents as possible can sign up for a slot of 45 min.
Here is the link to sign up:
- Sec 3 and 4 Parents: help with break down and clean up after the festival, with the raffle baskets and the haunted house
- Sec 1 and 2 Parents: Games
- 12-year-old Parents: Food preparation/selling
- 13-year-old Parents: Selling food and checking vaccination certificates at the entrance
- 11-year-old Parents: Drink Station
- 10-year-old Parents: S’mores Station
- 8 and 9-year-old Parents: Games
- 5/6/7-year-old Parents: Ticket Sales and Bake Sale Table
- Preschool Parents: Help with set up and filling any other spaces still open
Let’s make this Fall Festival something the children will talk about for a long time. Thank you for supporting your children and the school!
Note: Vaccination or Proof of COVID Recovery in the last 45 days is required. Masks are required for 5-years-old and up as an extra precaution.
Model United Nations (MUN) Club
PSG: Building Community
Who do I contact if my child will not ride the bus?
Last-Minute Cancellations: Please call Borche at 071 209 063.
Cancellations with Notice: Please email the homeroom teacher, Borche, and Zaha.
QSI Skopje Staff Emails
Stay Informed with Updates and Information from QSI Skopje
Please click the link below to join the new QSI Skope Parent Group.