Global Campus Blended Designers
Applications for 2014-2015
The World Awaits You
We are seeking teachers who are interested in developing a blended course for Center Grove Global Campus. Courses development will occur during the 2014-2015 school year, with a scheduled course launch of Fall 2015. Teachers with accepted applications will become part of our growing eLearning Leadership Cadre at Center Grove High School.
WHAT IS A BLENDED COURSE?
What You'll Receive
For blended courses with <50% online, Global Campus blended course designers will receive:
- Development stipend in the amount of $500, per credit
- Two (2) on-site professional development days
- 12-15 hours of professional development offered in a flexible, online format
- Technology coaching and mentorship
- In-kind administrative supports
What the Process Looks Like
Blended course designers will undergo course development for approximately 10-12 months. This will consist of:
- Meeting deadlines, as outlined by the Director of Online Learning
- Participating in usability tests, peer-reviews, and other ongoing evaluations for quality assurance
- Active participation in professional development opportunities
Course development will be finalized by July 17, 2015.
We are seeking candidates who are:
- Open-minded and reflective thinkers, and willing to consider new teaching strategies in both online and blended formats
- Comfortable with technology, or have a strong desire to learn to use technology more effectively
- Can consistently devote the necessary time needed to research, curate, and build a thoughtfully-designed online curriculum
- Continuously seeking new ideas and professional learning opportunities to grow as an educator
- Willing to share their expertise and knowledge to empower other educators, though presenting, blogging, tweeting, and/or face-to-face coaching
How Courses Will Be Selected
- What is the quality of the application/rationale of the course being proposed?
- Does the course lend itself well to a blended format?
Applicants should apply no later than May 16, 2014. Please access the application at the link provided below. A committee will review your application and we will notify future designers by June 2, 2014.