Spring Creek News
August 7, 2022
BACK TO SCHOOL NEWS!!
MEET THE TEACHER
Your child's teacher will be calling you tomorrow (Monday, August 8th) around 10 A.M. to let you know who they are. Please be watching for a call that may show as unidentified as our phones do not always show Spring Creek Elementary. See below for additional information.
In an effort to provide additional protection of students and staff, we have made District wide changes for visitors. However, we are excited to have volunteer help back in our buildings this year (with Background checks). Please see below for specific information.
- Visitors will not be allowed to eat lunch with students on campus. For special occasions, parents will be encouraged to check their children out for lunch and recess. This safety procedure is remaining in place in order to reduce the level of visitor traffic in the building.
- Families will be allowed to attend school day assemblies on an "invitation" basis. Your child's teacher will call you when he/she is being recognized so you can join us for Friday Celebration.
- Volunteers are welcome back to school sites but will still be required to complete a background check. This includes Deer Moms, Watch D.O.G.S., Library volunteers, PTO.
- Families will be allowed to attend class parties on designated party days.
- Birthday treats will be allowed. Treats must be store-bought (not made from home), individually pre-portioned (no cakes, pies, ice cream cakes). Any treats must comply with any classroom food allergies, as we have an increase in children with severe food allergies.
- In an effort to reduce congestion and provide a safer environment for everyone, we will continue with our normal Arrival/Dismissal procedures. Arrival and Dismissal will consist of Bus, Daycare, or Car Rider. Walkers are only for the children who live in the adjoining neighborhood.
- FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL ONLY - Parents will be allowed to walk your child up to the front door.
Again, these changes have been made in an effort to increase student and staff safety while at school.
BREAKFAST & LUNCH COST
BUS INFORMATION AND RULES
ATTENTION BUS RIDERS!
Please take a look at the following link to answer any other questions you may have about transportation:
DEER CREEK TRANSPORTATION WEB PAGE
Also, please be sure to review the rules and regulations for riding the school bus. We want our students and bus drivers to have the best and safest experience possible!
IMPORTANT SITE & DISTRICT LINKS
“The Deer Creek School District has made arrangements to offer Student Accident Insurance for all students from K&K Insurance Group. We make this coverage available to parents for their children who are students enrolled in our schools. The Deer Creek School District does not provide insurance coverage or medical reimbursements to parents for injuries that occur during school, including those incurred during gym classes, recess, etc.
While this coverage is optional, it is important that you review the coverage options available to you and consider purchasing this coverage, especially if your family has health insurance with a high co-payment for doctor and emergency visits, or a high-deductible plan, etc. Go to the link below for the application and additional information.